Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

So I switched from my beloved Schutt XV to the All Star System 7, for various reasons. And as usual when we have a new CP, I was eagerly anticipating a 'good shot' off of it, which I got Monday.

Coaches and Catcher estimate 85-87 mph (it's where this kid normally sits) four seamer, barely knicked the bat and hit me hard, directly on the right clavicle. Only felt that something impacted the CP, sounded like a shot gun went off, but didn't feel ANYTHING underneath. I was impressed. 

I bought it for the clavicle protection, and it didn't disappoint! Catcher was sure I should be hurt, he asked me twice, but I literally didn't feel anything. 

• Like 3

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

The System 7 is second to none for protection.  Once I put the straps on to hold the shoulder caps from sliding back, I won't wear anything else.

2 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

Once I put the straps on to hold the shoulder caps from sliding back, I won't wear anything else

I might need to know more about this? Aftermarket home-made deal? Or something All Star sells? 

3 minutes ago, kstrunk said:

I might need to know more about this? Aftermarket home-made deal? Or something All Star sells? 

I had a shoe repair guy help me with it - he charged me $20.  These straps prevent the shoulder caps from sliding back and creating a gap where the ball can penetrate.

IMG_4146.JPG

I love my All Star, been using it for 3 years of HS ball and have not had any problems with it. As a larger guy the only thing that could make it better is longer straps on the harness.

I love my All Star, been using it for 3 years of HS ball and have not had any problems with it. As a larger guy the only thing that could make it better is longer straps on the harness.

Get a harness from@razzer his straps are extra long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one, and I'm convinced, outside the raft, or working behind the pitcher, that it offers the best protection to date.

It is a bit bulky, which may be a turn off to some. Protection is always a trade-off. Comfort vs. style vs, performance.

I do like the removable pads, the center channel for air flow, and the harness. Plus, for me the shape covers my last ribs, which many don't.

I took the removable pads pads off of mine. I did sort of the same thing with regards to the shoulder caps except I used the straps that hold/adjust them to cover the gap. I shortened the front strap and it pulls the caps around so it won't slide back. Love mine, great coverage and it NEVER moves!