Field shoe?

stl_ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2546 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

39 minutes ago, stl_ump said:

So what's being worn (and liked) for a field show these days?  My Reebok Magistrates (3rd pair) are coming to their end of life and I need to replace them.

Suggestions?

Thanks

The New Balance 950 V2 works for me. I find them very comfortable. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, umpstu said:

I really like the New Balance shoes, both bases and plate.

Man, the new NB plate shoe is no joke! Those things are beyond comfortable as well as protective. They're also not bad to look at either.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, codizzle said:

Man, the new NB plate shoe is no joke! Those things are beyond comfortable as well as protective. They're also not bad to look at either.

I work in the Coachella Valley in California, so there isn't a whole lot of mud on our fields.  Makes it easy to just rinse the dust off the plate shoes in my kitchen sink.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 0:21 PM, codizzle said:

I have seen them, and was disappointed to see that NB used the polyester fabric in them.  My past/ current experience with that material is that it is difficult to keep clean.

Can you share your experience on the shoes from the cleaning side?  Thanks. 

On 4/8/2017 at 5:22 PM, BrianC14 said:

I have seen them, and was disappointed to see that NB used the polyester fabric in them.  My past/ current experience with that material is that it is difficult to keep clean.

Can you share your experience on the shoes from the cleaning side?  Thanks. 

Patent Leather, spray with water and wipe....very easy clean....

3 hours ago, stl_ump said:

So how did we get to Plate shoes?  Looking for field shoes.

I have the NB 450's. They work fine, but I think they're ugly. 

I also picked up a pair of all black Reebok shoes from Honigs. Love those shoes.  

• Like 1