2 ball bags behind the plate?

mbkcoach
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2293 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

43 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

I have never had an assigner give any direction with respect to number of ball bags.

@grayhawk

Steve,

I'm sittin' here lookin' at your numbers at the bottom of your signature block on your posts man, and I just gotta say....those are rookie numbers man!  Ya' gotta pump those numbers up man!

rookie numbers meme.jpeg

2 hours ago, Majordave said:

@grayhawk

Steve,

I'm sittin' here lookin' at your numbers at the bottom of your signature block on your posts man, and I just gotta say....those are rookie numbers man!  Ya' gotta pump those numbers up man!

rookie numbers meme.jpeg

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Majordave said:

Touché 

My 2017 numbers are a little understated.  It's probably more like 120 games, but I worked a bunch of "free man" games this fall that I didn't record.  "Free man" as in, jumping on someone else's solo or 2 man game to work 3 man for little or no money.  I probably worked about 40 3 man games in 2017 to gain experience to make a push to get invited to work D2 baseball.  Hoping it makes a difference in the next year or two.

• Like 2

I feel that 2 ball bags just give a more "balanced" appearance. 

Plus you can carry extra goodies in there.  I had a buddy that used to carry hard candy, one would carry gum, and shoot, one even offered me some beef jerky between innings one day.  I for one, carry a dry wash cloth.  Being as that I sweat worse than a whore in church when it's hot & humid, it get's to where I can't spin the dials on my indicator.  Well, reach down in the bag, dry my hand off, CLICK, and nobody knows the difference.

• Like 2