Plate Coat

eagle_12
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2149 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

On 3/20/2017 at 1:39 PM, mbkcoach said:

I just got my first one a couple weeks ago. I loved it. Just bought another this week. I will have one to sell soon. 44R

On 3/22/2017 at 10:22 PM, Mr Ump said:

I have a friend whose mom took my old blue coat and took it apart to make the pattern for his. She did a good job. She has first stage dementia so she is no longer an option.You need the side gussets and extra width in the shoulders for it to work right. And the bellows ball pockets are a must. Plus the material is thicker...not just suit coat material....I have a MLB Hardwick from Honigs...love wearing it too....Honig's has them (certain sizes), just stay on them and be serious, ready to purchase when you call.....please guys don't try to use a regular suit jacket...you will look stupid

morganv.jpg

On 3/20/2017 at 1:39 PM, mbkcoach said:

I just got my first one a couple weeks ago. I loved it. Just bought another this week. I will have one to sell soon. 44R

Did you sell this one yet?

On 3/22/2017 at 10:22 PM, Mr Ump said:

I have a friend whose mom took my old blue coat and took it apart to make the pattern for his. She did a good job. She has first stage dementia so she is no longer an option.You need the side gussets and extra width in the shoulders for it to work right. And the bellows ball pockets are a must. Plus the material is thicker...not just suit coat material....I have a MLB Hardwick from Honigs...love wearing it too....Honig's has them (certain sizes), just stay on them and be serious, ready to purchase when you call.....please guys don't try to use a regular suit jacket...you will look stupid

morganv.jpg

I've looked on the Honigs website, but plate coats are not listed there, only jackets. Does this mean that plate coats are just an item that is made-to-order, and that I would need to especially call for one? What would be a ballpark figure that I would be expected to pay for one?

I think everyone was saying Honig's - you have to call to order it and it'll run you about $315.  It helps if you know your measurements (coat size, chest, etc.) going in.

Note: edited price after corrections. Thanks!

I bought a black Fechheimer plate coat from @rjdakin recently, and at 46R, it’s pretty much perfect. I may have it taken in at the waist a little bit, but other than that, it gives me free range of movement even with the CP on. Up until this opportunity, I was considering modifying an existing suit coat.

I was entrusted with a navy plate coat prior to this, and I used it at CDP on a championship plate. Unfortunately, that game only went 4 Innings in a biblical downpour. I made an addition to it that I’ll likely replicate on this black plate coat – I had a Velcro patch sewn onto the breast pocket so I can meld Velcro on whatever patch I need to display to put the plate coat in uniform compliance.

• Like 2

I bought a black Fechheimer plate coat from [mention=3846]rjdakin[/mention] recently, and at 46R, it’s pretty much perfect. I may have it taken in at the waist a little bit, but other than that, it gives me free range of movement even with the CP on. Up until this opportunity, I was considering modifying an existing suit coat.
I was entrusted with a navy plate coat prior to this, and I used it at CDP on a championship plate. Unfortunately, that game only went 4 Innings in a biblical downpour. I made an addition to it that I’ll likely replicate on this black plate coat – I had a Velcro patch sewn onto the breast pocket so I can meld Velcro on whatever patch I need to display to put the plate coat in uniform compliance.

Glad you are happy with it and it met all your expectations@madmax The plate coat has found a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, rjdakin said:

Glad you are happy with it and it met all your expectations@madmax The plate coat has found a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wanted to get in on this. But it would sit in my closet until I get back down to "fighting weight."

But glad it went to Max. 

17 hours ago, MadMax said:

I bought a black Fechheimer plate coat from @rjdakin recently, and at 46R, it’s pretty much perfect. I may have it taken in at the waist a little bit, but other than that, it gives me free range of movement even with the CP on. Up until this opportunity, I was considering modifying an existing suit coat.

a plate coat in Phoenix? :D 

I just used it last night. 8pm game time, with the temperature at 73º at first pitch. The stadium was hosting Star Wars Night, so it just seemed appropriate for my base umpires to wear black and I busted out the Plate Coat. Didn't sweat that bad at all.

• Like 2