Plate Coat

eagle_12
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2128 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Anyone know if plate coats are being sold by anyone? Know that Honigs was ordering from Hardwicks' and dropped them, and even reached out to Hardwicks and got a response that they no longer make them.  Know they are fading out, just wanted to be able to get one, and have that option to wear in colder weather. 

Did the google search route too and came up with nothing.  Hoping someone has some answers or ideas.

• Like 1

We heard from our college supplier the other day - no one is making them. I asked who makes them for MLB, he said that the company that makes them will not make them for retail. They also make the MLB ball bags, and will not retail them. Chuck said he cannot find them anywhere -

3 hours ago, maineump said:

We heard from our college supplier the other day - no one is making them. I asked who makes them for MLB, he said that the company that makes them will not make them for retail. They also make the MLB ball bags, and will not retail them. Chuck said he cannot find them anywhere -

What company makes them for MLB?

8 hours ago, mbkcoach said:

I have bought 3 within the last two months. One I ruined trying to take the number off. One I bought from a guy who retired. The other off eBay. 

You can make it 4.

6 hours ago, tpatience said:

What company makes them for MLB?

Hardwick's

2 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

You can make it 4.

Hardwick's

gnhbua93 and I were both standing there when he gave us the scoop on the coats. I guess tradition is going away - too bad, because if they fit you correctly, they are very comfortable to work in.

You need a really good tailor. Cost effective is not going to be here in the USA. I've heard that the Dominicans tailors back in the Dominican Republic are magicians. So you might want to plan an all-inclusive vacation to the DR.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

You need a really good tailor. Cost effective is not going to be here in the USA. I've heard that the Dominicans tailors back in the Dominican Republic are magicians. So you might want to plan an all-inclusive vacation to the DR.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well, how would a tailor do it?

On 3/21/2017 at 1:20 PM, tpatience said:

If I was to make my own plate coat, how would you suggest I go about doing that?

I have a friend whose mom took my old blue coat and took it apart to make the pattern for his. She did a good job. She has first stage dementia so she is no longer an option.You need the side gussets and extra width in the shoulders for it to work right. And the bellows ball pockets are a must. Plus the material is thicker...not just suit coat material....I have a MLB Hardwick from Honigs...love wearing it too....Honig's has them (certain sizes), just stay on them and be serious, ready to purchase when you call.....please guys don't try to use a regular suit jacket...you will look stupid

morganv.jpg