Champro 36" Bag

Umpire_ar
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2586 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Zipper pulls, the plastic feet, and several places have come unsewn. We umpire year round here but it mostly sits in the back seat of my truck, then I'll pull it out,and set it on the ground to get dressed. Its not like I'm sending it through airport luggage destruction every week. One of the feet broke off while I was loading it the first time-moved the bag and there it was. I'll just use it until I get around to buying another one, then I'll get get an eBag or Force 3 bag.

Zipper pulls, the plastic feet, and several places have come unsewn. We umpire year round here but it mostly sits in the back seat of my truck, then I'll pull it out,and set it on the ground to get dressed. Its not like I'm sending it through airport luggage destruction every week. One of the feet broke off while I was loading it the first time-moved the bag and there it was. I'll just use it until I get around to buying another one, then I'll get get an eBag or Force 3 bag.

I understand that. I have an old Wilson that is falling apart. I had to build a frame for the bottom when the plastic one disintegrated. The divider between the top compartment and the bottom has torn through the fabric of the bottom of the top compartment. Otherwise for my use (4 years) it's been a good second hand bag that I bought off another local guy here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Umpire_ar said:

Whys that? You don't want to help out your fellow umpire? Or give Force3 some more advertising?

What your right hand does your left hand doesn't need to know. I help my fellow umpires and don't need the cameras rolling. I would love to land a job in Force3. Maybe you just sparked a desire to ask them for a job.

• Like 2

So the bag itself is ok. The compartments have no solid divider. Just the same material as the inside of the bag. The Wilson bag has a solid divider between but I like the single large compartment.

5 hours ago, Umpire_ar said:

So the bag itself is ok. The compartments have no solid divider. Just the same material as the inside of the bag. The Wilson bag has a solid divider between but I like the single large compartment.

The Champro? The divider zips up to keep top separated from bottom. Unless you mean the flimsy thing in the bottom. I took that out a long time ago. 

The Champro? The divider zips up to keep top separated from bottom. Unless you mean the flimsy thing in the bottom. I took that out a long time ago. 

The Wilson actually has a hard bottom to the top compartment.

On 3/13/2017 at 4:29 PM, Stk004 said:

One of the little rubber things on one of the main zippers came off on mine. 

Same here, annoying as heck because the tab of the zipper is too small to get a grip on otherwise. Haven't checked if there is a hole in the tab but if there is I'm going to put a key ring through it for something to grab. Otherwise a good bag thus far and I've had it for two years.

On 3/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, Umpire_ar said:

Just got the 36" Champro Bag for $95 shipped two day air. 

http://baseball.epicsports.com/prod/45325/baseball-softball-catcher-umpire-equipment-bag.html

Can you share some experience with this site?

Whenever I try to reach them via a Google search (on my phone, using an adblocker), I get a message that the browser blocked my connection.

They always seem to have the lowest prices, bit I'm pretty skeptical. Guessing its just a Chinese front... Which is worth the risk sometimes (if everything goes smoothly)

Whenever I try to reach them via a Google search (on my phone, using an adblocker), I get a message that the browser blocked my connection.
They always seem to have the lowest prices, bit I'm pretty skeptical. Guessing its just a Chinese front... Which is worth the risk sometimes (if everything goes smoothly)

So far it has been good. It seems US bound. My bag came out of Wichita.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Radie said:

I have used Epic Sports multiple times with no problems. Just about to reorder the third batch of our Association hats.

3 hours ago, Umpire_ar said:

Did you get anything to replace the pulls? I've noticed that it won't take much to pull them off.

I haven't yet. Once the other one falls off I'll probably find something. 

• Like 1