In game injuries to umpires

UMPCourse
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2588 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Strained my calf this past Thursday pretty good in Top 2 of a college game (luckily was PU) on a rotation to third base. Finished the game with zero mobility, but am shelved for 2 weeks per Dr. recommendations (going to try and make it only 1). Really frustrating because I had to sit out of a 3 game conference series this past weekend, and missing this week, but I do not want to jeopardize rest of season and my summer.

What types of injuries and time off have some of you guys had to endure and get through?

Have you tried getting a lacrosse ball and rolling it?

Last spring, solo FR game with a strained knee, pulled the other hammy in T1, worked for a week like that before both heeled

Thought I had my arms tucked in, but a foul ball caught me flush on the forearm. I thought my arm was broken but finished last half inning. I had to be helped out of my plate gear and immediately drove to ER. ER x-ray showed no break, but traumatic tissue damage. My arm went black from the elbow to my fingertips. To this day I have a flat spot on my forearm. This took months to heal....  

IMG_1350.PNG

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Stan W. said:

Thought I had my arms tucked in, but a foul ball caught me flush on the forearm. I thought my arm was broken but finished last half inning. I had to be helped out of my plate gear and immediately drove to ER. ER x-ray showed no break, but traumatic tissue damage. My arm went black from the elbow to my fingertips. To this day I have a flat spot on my forearm. This took months to heal....  

IMG_1350.PNG

What level Stan? 

I've had the same strained calf - I was BU (4th inning maybe?) and talked to my partner, told him he might have to cover for me if I couldn't get where I needed to go, and finished the rest of the game pegleg-style.

Listen to the doctor - I was hurting bad enough I thought I might be out for the rest of the season, but was back on the field 10 days later.

Torn calf muscle.  Senior LL Sectional tournament.  I'm U1.  Top 1st ball to gap, I start in to pivot.  When I loaded up to take off, it tore.  communicated to partners that I was unable to rotate in coverage and finished the game.  When I took my sock off, blood was already pooling in my heel.  Doc said if I had tore it anymore (or again), it would need repaired surgically.  Still have the indent in the muscle.....where it isn't.