How ?

Umpire_ar
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2480 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Did your partner have you turning your head. Is it possible it deflected off F2's mitt? I took a shot tonight as well in a high level HS game. F2 called for a BB away. F1 throws a FB up and in to a RH batter. F2 doesn't come close to touching it and I wear it on the left elbow. 7 Hours later I still don't have full use of my left arm. The six youth games I have tomorrow may not be all that much fun.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Did your partner have you turning your head. Is it possible it deflected off F2's mitt? I took a shot tonight as well in a high level HS game. F2 called for a BB away. F1 throws a FB up and in to a RH batter. F2 doesn't come close to touching it and I wear it on the left elbow. 7 Hours later I still don't have full use of my left arm. The six youth games I have tomorrow may not be all that much fun.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I didn't move from square. It had to have some wicked spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baseball's a funny game. I make my living with my brain and can't afford the risk of weird shots like the one you took (I'm guessing you wear a mask), so I switched to the bucket some years ago. I realize that zero risk is impossible, but it's substantially lower, and low enough that I can work the plate effectively (well, as effectively as I ever could...).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Umpire_ar said:

I didn't move from square. It had to have some wicked spin.

This is why I'm a fan of helmets instead of masks. In addition to protection from something like this, your visibility is better.

• Like 1

This is why I'm a fan of helmets instead of masks. In addition to protection from something like this, your visibility is better.

Trying to find one that will fit. 6 7/8 is hard to come by.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Umpire_ar said:

Try a kids size.

As for taking one on the back of the head. Did you piss of someone's fans?

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, ElkOil said:

I use the HSM as well. During a game last summer I had to switch to the conventional mask and felt naked.

On 3/4/2017 at 4:32 PM, Umpire_ar said:

Agree. I've tried because I'd consider it if I can make it fit correctly, but haven't found an actual UMPIRE's helmet that'll fit. 

• 3 months later...