Force3 ProGear Customer Service

Umpire_ar
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2601 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

To All,

I just had an amazing experience with Force3 Customer Service. I needed to get a replacement piece for one of the shoulder pads on a CP I am testing out (Potentially purchasing). They are sending me a replacement "SET" of shoulder pads and not just the one strap I needed. Also requested the metal piece that the harness straps thread through since the one on this is rusted (Prevention on strap fray). They are sending a new harness. Best of all of this, no charge to me. I couldn't believe my ears when Jason from Force3 said "No Charge". I haven't been a prior patron of Force3 gear, but if they take care of their customers like this in all aspects I sure am now!!

This is the link to the current CP. I have the prior model. http://www.force3progear.com/product/unequal-ultimate-chest-protector/

Brent Rowe
CAUA Umpire
Arkansas

• Like 4

Brent ( @Umpire_ar ), I'm delighted to hear of your recent experience, and thank you for sharing. @gnhbua93 will be sending you a gift basket... of some sorts... sometime.

When you mention you're getting a new harness, I will bet that you'll be receiving the Force3 NewFlex harness to replace that existing... thing... that the UnEqual V1 sports. The new Flex-style harness is quite good, all things relatively considered. You will undoubtedly find (and feel!) a much better fit using this new harness and will wonder what else could be improved by using such a thing (*cough cough WILSON! cough cough*). So you were loaned this CP on a trial basis? What model of CP do you currently own and were using prior to this? What makes this UnEqual so attractive and interesting to you, so as to try it?

Force3 is getting more and more traction... we were just discussing it here: 

Oh, and one more thing... very important that I mention this... this "Jason from Force3" you were interacting with? He's not just some customer service rep – he's the founder of the company.

• Like 4

Brent ( [mention=4453]Umpire_ar[/mention] ), I'm delighted to hear of your recent experience, and thank you for sharing. [mention=1974]gnhbua93[/mention] will be sending you a gift basket... of some sorts... sometime.
When you mention you're getting a new harness, I will bet that you'll be receiving the Force3 NewFlex harness to replace that existing... thing... that the UnEqual V1 sports. The new Flex-style harness is quite good, all things relatively considered. You will undoubtedly find (and feel!) a much better fit using this new harness and will wonder what else could be improved by using such a thing (*cough cough WILSON! cough cough*). So you were loaned this CP on a trial basis? What model of CP do you currently own and were using prior to this? What makes this UnEqual so attractive and interesting to you, so as to try it?
Force3 is getting more and more traction... we were just discussing it here: 
Oh, and one more thing... very important that I mention this... this "Jason from Force3" you were interacting with? He's not just some customer service rep – he's the founder of the company.

WOW! I had no idea. I've seen him on different videos on youtube that we're promoting the gear.

In response to your question I have a Champro Pro-Plus I think is the name. The link below is to the current model.

https://shop.champrosports.com/p-816-proplus-umpire-chest-protector.aspx

It has served me well, but I have taken some close calls to the clavicle area. The neck is a lot more open than the Unequall Force3. The feature that made me take a closer look was the kinetic energy displacement upon impact, as well as the ability to adjust the fit of all the Velcro pieces. The side flaps can be removed for smaller guys like me.

I'm very mobile and this seems like it will move with me. The jury is still out however as my season doesn't start until next week.

Thanks for the reply!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll pile on here. I wear well over $1k in gear when I work the plate. I've done my research and although there are other cp's that get the job done I only wear the F3.

Furthermore, the customer service I have found to always go above and beyond the call of duty.

I even met Jason; he gave me a ride to the airport AND introduced me to one of the best cheeseburgers in America. (Animal style, bitches!)

Umpires, give your money to the company that has introduced more innovation in five years than the next best has done in thirty. (Unless you get paid to sport a yellow dubya.)

Check my video link underneath. If nothing else you can make fun of my uni.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BalkHawk said:

Umpires, give your money to the company that has introduced more innovation in five years than the next best has done in thirty. (Unless you get paid to sport a yellow dubya.)

"Next best"? Not even close. The company in question has nothing – nothing – nor done anything – anything – innovative on the behalf of umpires since obtaining the rights to the WestVest. They may have burped up the Platinum, but I am very skeptical as to its origins (did it actually come from an employed engineer / designer, or was it obtained from an external party / source?). Sofa cushion foam is not an advanced material. If it's any indication, the big gold W is abandoning umpires with the lack of any updates in CPs or shinguards and the discontinuation of the Shock FX line of HSM. Their decision to end the Shock FX isn't umpire-driven, it's catcher-driven (catchers ain't buying the Shock FX; they're buying the sleeker, less expensive, less fussy All-Stars and Eastons). Big W doesn't care about your health beyond your ability to reach into your back pocket and retrieve your credit card. And on that note, in lieu of Force3, I'd rather give my money to a company actually developing advanced gear for catchers (All-Star), because there I at least know someone is concerned about the guys behind the plate.

Get paid? You don't get paid. There's money going somewhere, surely, but it's not going to any of the guys on the field (aside from Joe West, and that's due to licensing royalties, that crafty bugger). No, the other 80-some umpires on the field get "paid" in supplied gear, which itself, other than the "DynAlum" mask, was likely fabricated more than 5 years ago and has sat in a big shipping container in a warehouse somewhere. Out of the – let's say – 96 Major League catchers (3 per team), only one – one – is a sponsored athlete, and while he's good, he's not a perennial All-Star nor Gold Glove winner. He doesn't even wear the "new" marquee gear the company just abandoned all-else to trot out because they're feeling the squeeze from All-Star, Easton, Mizuno, Rawlings and the oncoming tsunami that is UnderArmour.

No, your hard-earned, sweat-soaked, mud-stained dollars aren't going into anyone or anything you see on the field (even if it's a discreet umpire)... it's going to a corporate office somewhere, likely, when all is said and done, in Finland.

Make fun? Heck no, man! That's a TOC shirt! That is the way a navy shirt should be made and worn! That wretched ... thing ... with the white and red trim on the cuffs and collars should be burned in a big pile... or shipped en masse to Ohio. I know hear they like 'em.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BalkHawk said:

I'll pile on here. I wear well over $1k in gear when I work the plate. I've done my research and although there are other cp's that get the job done I only wear the F3.

Furthermore, the customer service I have found to always go above and beyond the call of duty.

I even met Jason; he gave me a ride to the airport AND introduced me to one of the best cheeseburgers in America. (Animal style, bitches!)

Animal style, indeed. Now that the idea is in my head I will have to make the 2 mile drive to In and Out for dinner tonight.

5 hours ago, KenBAZ said:

Even better news to hear that Jason is apparently recovered from the plane crash he was involved in.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've emailed him a couple of times to see how he is doing. Thanks for the update.

14 minutes ago, umpstu said:

Animal style, indeed. Now that the idea is in my head I will have to make the 2 mile drive to In and Out for dinner tonight.

We hate you all right now!

Get a napoleon shake.

Edited by BT_Blue
Yes... I know it is wrong. I suck at spelling.
  • Like 1