1st games of 2017 Season

catsbackr
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2576 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

27 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

NAIA doubleheader, 37 degrees at game time.  Man, you gotta love early season college baseball!

But, I believe in your neck of the woods you will be sweating profusely (in temperature and humidity) 'much quicker' than others throughout the country as a PU.

Go luck on your season and  go get em Tiger.

• Like 2

I have had 1 JUCO, 4 NAIA, and 1 D2 game so far. Starting temperatures have ranged from in the mid 30s to the low 80s. In the span of 10 Days in Texas and Southern Arkansas...and of course I had the plate in hottest game...and we decided to play extras.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kylehutson said:

Yeah, when frostbite starts becoming a factor, it's time to postpone.

Yikes!

Yeah, rare show of sound judgement...

I still miss when those metal bats years ago that split into spirals and bounced around the infield!

6 hours ago, Stk004 said:

Finally have games for 2017!!!!

On Monday.....

Thursday it is going to be 70 degrees here in St. Louis. Saturday I have a jamboree that they are using for evaluations... forecast for Saturday... High of 30, 1.5" of snow and winds 15-20mph. Wonderful 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

Thursday it is going to be 70 degrees here in St. Louis. Saturday I have a jamboree that they are using for evaluations... forecast for Saturday... High of 30, 1.5" of snow and winds 15-20mph. Wonderful 

Grew up in O'Fallon, Mo. and if you want to see the weather change just stick your head out of the window.  Always had crazy weather and I do not miss the bugs. Tell Zach H. and Ken J. I said hello.

38 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

Just now, umpstu said:

Grew up in O'Fallon, Mo. and if you want to see the weather change just stick your head out of the window.  Always had crazy weather and I do not miss the bugs. Tell Zach H. and Ken J. I said hello.

Wait, I had the plate today in 72 degrees with plenty of sunshine.  Sucks out here in the Coachella Valley.

8 hours ago, umpstu said:

You didn't happen to work a tournament out in Lake St. Louis in the spring of 1999? That was my very first games umpiring and my first game was with Zach.

15 hours ago, JSam21 said:

You didn't happen to work a tournament out in Lake St. Louis in the spring of 1999? That was my very first games umpiring and my first game was with Zach.

No. I worked there in 2006, 7 and 8.  Glad to be back in Cali.  I remember working a dh in 17 degree weather at William Woods in Fulton.  No no no.  Today it was 86 at gametime and sunny.  I like that.  It may get to 115 and abocve here at times, but it's not a lot different than 95 with 90% humidity.  I hate getting out of a shower and start to sweat immediately.

15 hours ago, JSam21 said:

Just now, kstrunk said:

The landscape is as white as can be here in Eastern PA. So much for my first 3 games of the season next week. They say more snow coming Tuesday. Ugghhhh. 

Not looking good at all...

Welcome to Northeast Baseball!!!

Meanwhile, Max and I are almost halfway into our HS season. I had a snappy 2-0 game last night and a couple more good program games scheduled for the next two days. Check back with us in July when we'll be crying.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, kstrunk said:

The landscape is as white as can be here in Eastern PA. So much for my first 3 games of the season next week. They say more snow coming Tuesday. Ugghhhh. 

And they're now saying that Tuesday is going to be a Nor' Easter