Are the New Smitty Performance Polyspandex the Next New Umpire Pant?

JimKirk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2206 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Call me crazy, but I'm still rocking poly-wools and I still prefer the combo's for my plate pants.   But then, I'm fat so might just be me.  I love the flex waistband!  I gotta get that on all my pants now! :)

Guys, I have several pairs of the original Honigs PS1 & 2's pants that I'm considering getting Trav Creases done on. I've heard pro & con on sewn vs silicone.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

TIA! :-)

52 minutes ago, SJA said:

Guys, I have several pairs of the original Honigs PS1 & 2's pants that I'm considering getting Trav Creases done on. I've heard pro & con on sewn vs silicone.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

TIA! :-)

Shouldn't need them.  The Honigs/Hardwick Polywool pants came with them.

On 4/2/2018 at 12:09 PM, MadMax said:

Hey @JDavis225... do the Combos have the reinforced seat (like the actual Plate versions do)? If so, I think you just sold me on getting a set in Combos. The Plate pants, as @Jimurray is bemusing, are rather... billowy. It’s a darn shame that Smitty made them to accommodate Cricket pads Wilson shinguards, as there are such better, trimmer, lower profile shinguards on the market nowadays, from a variety of manufacturers.

My Base pants rarely get tarnished much, so I can go several games between washings, while my Plate pants get trashed after one game, primarily because the plate areas on these fields are horrible, and I am HOK in my stance. So I could use a second set of “plate” pants.

I don't THINK there's a reinforced seat on the combos but I'll check later today when I get them out of my truck. Since you mentioned the base pants, I'll say that I HATE that the legs are so wide on them. I tried mine on for the first time yesterday and hate that I'll have to spend $10-20 more to have the legs taken in on my base pants along with the cost of having them taken up. Man looking good while unpiring is expensive!