Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MadMax
      In viewing clips of pitches and hits on mlb.tv, I have noticed a trend – MLB umpires are opting to a wider variety of masks rather than the default, formerly supplied Wilson DynaLite. We’re still seeing guys use the Wilson DynAlum and the occasional Wilson Titanium (Way Too) Low Profile, and there are those still relying on their Nike Icon Titaniums, but we’re also seeing increased numbers of Mizunos, Force3 Defenders, and All-Star FM4000MAGs.
      I’m sincerely wondering when that “paradigm shift” or “break point” is going to occur, when it is open season on branding gear with attributed logos instead of hiding, obscuring, or flat-out lying so as to appease a company that lethargically refuses to progressively protect their “sponsored” representatives. Because a knocked-off mask is viewed as a “failed mask”, MLB umpires – wearing Wilson -marked masks especially – are directed to wear their masks far too tight. Well, coincidentally, this plays right into Force3’s strengths, as the reactive spring suspension functions best when the mask is worn snugly. It’s just a shame that Force3 doesn’t receive due credit!
    • By LineyNinja
      I have been seeing more guys in the pros wearing the All-Star FM4000. I have heard many good things i.e lightweight, durable, comfortable to wear. However, I have also heard many negative things about the mask i.e sparks fly when you get hit, the upper bar does not extend far enough out leaving umpires vulnerable. I know I have seen some guys wearing a matte skull cap with it. I like many of the positives but am concerned about some of the negatives. 
      Two things:
      I am interested to hear what everyone's thoughts are about the mask
      Have you found anything that backs up or disputes the cons of the mask?
      Thanks guys!
    • By redsox25
      One year old 17 inch $75.00 shipped

• By Bluehands
      Hey guys, there are a lot of members here who are mask addicted so I just thought I'd post some weights of some of the popular mask frames and accessories that I have, have had or tried. It might help you choose a back-up or lighten up your current rig a little. Every little bit helps. Though I can't attest to perfect calibration on my scale, I am using the same scale for each item so the differences in weight by comparison should be very accurate. Everything here is listed down from lighter to heaviest.
      Also, if you guys want to 'weigh in' your own items that aren't listed here, feel free.

Frames 
      Nike Titanium - 11.1 oz
      Rawlings Titanium - 11.5 oz
      +POS ZeroG - 12.5 oz
      All-Star FM25 Hollow Steel (with vinyl coating) - 14.6 oz
      Wilson Chrome Moliben (without vinyl coating) - 15.2 oz
      Wilson Dynalite Catcher/Umpire (with vinyl coating) - 18.7 oz

Pads
      Diamond Quik-Dry Vinyl (Not 50/50 pads)  (upper) - 0.9, (lower) - 1.3 oz
      +POS black mesh  (upper) - 1.0 oz, (lower) - 1.4 oz
      +POS smooth tan leather (upper) - 1.0oz, (lower) - 1.4oz
      Nike  (upper) - 1.1 oz, (lower) - 1.8oz
      All-Star Mesh  (upper) - 1.6 oz, (lower) - 1.4 oz   (Yep, I checked it twice, the upper is heavier than the lower pad)
      +POS new Classic Brown Leather  (upper) - 1.4 oz, (lower) - 2.0 oz
      Rawlings LWMXTI  (upper) - 1.8 oz, (Lower) - 2.1 oz
      Wilson Amara Suede  (upper) - 1.9, (lower) - 2.6 oz
      Wilson Black Leather Wrap-around  (upper) - 2.6 oz, (lower) - 3.9 oz

Harness (es) (Harnessi?!)
      Rawlings Ti - 1.2 oz
      All-Star Delta - 1.3 oz
      +POS lite  - 1.3 oz
      Nike - 1.5 oz
      Wilson - 1.6oz

• By Umpire_ar
      To All,
        Another fantastic experience with customer service associated with our chosen Profession/Hobby! 
      I ordered the All-Star MVP2510m (small head) Catcher/Umpire helmet on Sunday of this week (3/6/17).  I received the helmet today (3/10/17). 
      After examination of the helmet I discovered a gouge in the plastic. Almost as if they started to drill the hole for the screw in the wrong place, and purple paint on the silver guard. 
      I contacted All-Star and spoke to Lisa. She had me send her the pictures of the defects. I let them know that I intended to use the mask as is on Tuesday. The spots aren't detrimental to the functionality of the mask. I just wanted to let them know, so they can be aware incase someone else has something like this. 
      They advised me that they are sending me a new helmet and I can keep this one as a backup. Between All-Star and Force3, they have made this years experiences amazing getting ready for season and during the start of this season. 

http://all-starsports.com/mvp2500m.html
      Thanks All-Star!!
      Brent