Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
BT_Blue

MadMax/Schutt XV retrofit

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
2 hours ago, chadozee said:

Has anyone seen the Adams version available for sale?

I imagine you can get them at your local sporting goods store. Might have to order it in or directly from Adams.

An example would be Dick's Sporting Goods. They don' have it on their website. But they carry both Adams and Schutt.

Edited by BT_Blue
Added a suggestion

Hollllly crrrrrrap!

Not only did Adams eliminate the Y-yoke harness with the inclusion of D-rings at the shoulders, but... they also eliminated T-hooks in favor of side release buckles.

Check the photo!

On 2/11/2018 at 5:03 PM, wolfe_man said:

Yes, you’re right!

Now, we need someone to get this model so we can see!

Feel like this should be our resident expert on the XV, Max.

1 minute ago, BT_Blue said:

Feel like this should be our resident expert on the XV, Max.

If I can sell my Oakley's, I may pull the trigger and test the new Adams version.  I have the Schutt now with the MaxV mod.

• Like 1

Another issue, at least with the link Keith provided, is that it looks to be from at least 2016. Or at least the unanswered questions submitted on there are.

So, there is the possibiity the photo is only a mock up. Especially since the description says it was formally known as the Schutt XV. And we all know the main issue there.

But would love to be able to know for sure.

Maybe someone like @Scott K or @UADirOps would be able to look into us. Since they have direct contact with Schutt.

Schutt's website (Adams also) is very vague on these items.  But it does appears Adams version is different.  The 2018 Adams Official catalog has the attached detail in it though.  I wish I knew someone who had access to take more pics of it before having to take a shot in the dark and order it.

Adams HDX Umpire Chest Protector.PNG

Guys, I’ve been trying to purchase this for a week and schutt keeps giving me the runaround.  As much as I LOVE their products I HATE their customer service.  If you could see the string of emails it would make your head hurt.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, chadozee said:

Guys, I’ve been trying to purchase this for a week and schutt keeps giving me the runaround.  As much as I LOVE their products I HATE their customer service.  If you could see the string of emails it would make your head hurt.

This is why I would love to get @JimKirk and the guys at Ump-Attire involved since they are a direct retailer for Schutt.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

This is why I would love to get @JimKirk and the guys at Ump-Attire involved since they are a direct retailer for Schutt.

8 hours ago, chadozee said:

Take @BT_Blue advice; if you get it through the folks at UA, you can also snag a Delta-Flex harness. Or you can get his harness from Razzer. 

On 2/14/2018 at 8:33 PM, BCBrad said:

Take @BT_Blue advice; if you get it through the folks at UA, you can also snag a Delta-Flex harness. Or you can get his harness from Razzer. 

Schutt is sending us a sample. We'll share more when we find out more details.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2018 at 9:40 AM, JimKirk said:

Schutt is sending us a sample. We'll share more when we find out more details.

Can't wait to see it.