MadMax/Schutt XV retrofit

BT_Blue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1782 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

2 hours ago, chadozee said:

Has anyone seen the Adams version available for sale?

I imagine you can get them at your local sporting goods store. Might have to order it in or directly from Adams.

An example would be Dick's Sporting Goods. They don' have it on their website. But they carry both Adams and Schutt.

Edited by BT_Blue
Added a suggestion

Hollllly crrrrrrap!

Not only did Adams eliminate the Y-yoke harness with the inclusion of D-rings at the shoulders, but... they also eliminated T-hooks in favor of side release buckles.

Check the photo!

• Like 1

Another issue, at least with the link Keith provided, is that it looks to be from at least 2016. Or at least the unanswered questions submitted on there are.

So, there is the possibiity the photo is only a mock up. Especially since the description says it was formally known as the Schutt XV. And we all know the main issue there.

But would love to be able to know for sure.

Maybe someone like @Scott K or @UADirOps would be able to look into us. Since they have direct contact with Schutt.

Schutt's website (Adams also) is very vague on these items.  But it does appears Adams version is different.  The 2018 Adams Official catalog has the attached detail in it though.  I wish I knew someone who had access to take more pics of it before having to take a shot in the dark and order it.

Adams HDX Umpire Chest Protector.PNG

Guys, I’ve been trying to purchase this for a week and schutt keeps giving me the runaround.  As much as I LOVE their products I HATE their customer service.  If you could see the string of emails it would make your head hurt.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, chadozee said:

Guys, I’ve been trying to purchase this for a week and schutt keeps giving me the runaround.  As much as I LOVE their products I HATE their customer service.  If you could see the string of emails it would make your head hurt.

This is why I would love to get @JimKirk and the guys at Ump-Attire involved since they are a direct retailer for Schutt.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

This is why I would love to get @JimKirk and the guys at Ump-Attire involved since they are a direct retailer for Schutt.

8 hours ago, chadozee said:

Take @BT_Blue advice; if you get it through the folks at UA, you can also snag a Delta-Flex harness. Or you can get his harness from Razzer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ump Attire has these available for sale on their website.  I just ordered one as my new chest protector.  I was on earlier today and they didn't have them, but by the time I could actual order after work they had them.

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Chest-Protectors/XV-HDX_Schutt-XV-HDX-Umpire-Chest-Protector

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cyberBob35 said:

Ump Attire has these available for sale on their website.  I just ordered one as my new chest protector.  I was on earlier today and they didn't have them, but by the time I could actual order after work they had them.

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Chest-Protectors/XV-HDX_Schutt-XV-HDX-Umpire-Chest-Protector

:wow:

• Like 1

@MadMax still not as good as your upgrade, but they're trying!

Here are the details and pics from Ump-Attire.com:

Description

The Schutt XV HDX Umpire Chest Protector is an advanced piece of protective gear for baseball umpires. This product is an upgrade of the popular Schutt XV umpire chest protector. With a new harness and more adjustability, this is the most accomodating chest protector Schutt has ever produced. For nearly a century, Schutt Sports has been committed to developing the most advanced protective gear in the game for players. Using the same technology, their umpire protective gear empowers umpires to focus and perform at the top of THEIR game!

FEATURES

• Adjustable / removable bicep and  4" abdomen protection: advanced adjustments make this the most accomodating Schutt chest protector.
  • Redsigned harness: Allows for more adjustments for a wider range of body types. Metal t-hooks have been replaced by plastic buckle clips.
  • Ventilation holes: 10mm ventilation holes maximize air circulation and the evaporation of excess moisture.
  • Greater impact absorption and durability: Utilizing impact absorption technology from their most popular line of football shoulder pads, the XV-HDX chest protector is made of high density EVA foam for greater impact absorption and durability.
  • Moisture and heat management system: The moisture and heat management system of this umpire chest protector allows airflow into and away from the body, allowing the skin to dry and the body to cool itself.
  • Superior protection: Features caps to cover exposed gaps in the shoulder area, wider chest plate. The design of this chest protector is form fitting.
  • One size fits most (Measures 13" from top of neck pad to bottom of chest plate.  Shown with 4" pad extension, included.)
  • Weight: Approximately 3 lbs

XV-HDX_1.jpeg

XV-HDX-back-view.jpeg

XV-HDX-with-extensions.jpeg

XV-HDX-with-extensions-back-view.jpeg

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, cyberBob35 said:

Thanks for posting. We were able to grab a sample, liked what we saw and got an initial shipment in-house. Just came in 2 days and got those up and in stock yesterday.

The 3 main upgrades of the XV-HDX over the XV are:

• Redesigned harness
  • Plastic clips buckle on the side (instead of the front)
  • Bicep protectors (adjustable / removable)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow... I got the XV from Ump-attire.com last year and put a System 7 harness on it.... and love it.. But I REALLY want to try this out with the new harness set up! This may be a birthday present to myself at the end of May.... I don't think I can resist..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My housemate, fellow umpire, and good friend is having an endless laugh over this. We keep looking at this latest XV-HDX, and the use of side-buckles instead of T-hooks (which I've modified a few Honigs K-1's and other CPs to use instead of T-hooks and velcro), and the mounting method of the rigger straps, and the general shape of the new harness...

... and I can't figure out why they used "HD-" instead of "MA-". Oh, why he's laughing? It's now his last name – Adams.

"I git no respect" - Rodney Dangerfield.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/11/2018 at 3:05 PM, MadMax said:

Hollllly crrrrrrap!

Not only did Adams eliminate the Y-yoke harness with the inclusion of D-rings at the shoulders, but... they also eliminated T-hooks in favor of side release buckles.

Check the photo!

^_^ I WANT T HOOKS. Guess I will buy a second Schutt XV and have you do it again for a handsome fee.

16 minutes ago, jwclubbie said:

^_^ I WANT T HOOKS. Guess I will buy a second Schutt XV and have you do it again for a handsome fee.

Just buy a new HDX, and we’ll swap carapaces. Separate the pad jackets, you keep and use the new padding, and I use my existing padding in the new carapace.

That or I’m sure there will be “old” stock, unaltered XV’s out there, eager to get moved now that the “proper” model is out on the market.

41 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Just buy a new HDX, and we’ll swap carapaces. Separate the pad jackets, you keep and use the new padding, and I use my existing padding in the new carapace.

That or I’m sure there will be “old” stock, unaltered XV’s out there, eager to get moved now that the “proper” model is out on the market.

Deal. We will talk soon.

• Like 1