Ump life harness

NicNag
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2619 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hey I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction for purchasing the ump life retro fit harness for my west vest gold?  And for those that have used the harness which do y'all recommend? The elastic or the webbing one?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, NicNag said:

Hey I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction for purchasing the ump life retro fit harness for my west vest gold?  And for those that have used the harness which do y'all recommend? The elastic or the webbing one?  Thanks.

What do you mean by elastic or webbing?

• 4 weeks later...

Just received a couple of these harnesses from @Razzer as well as a couple of his lineup books.  My harness went on a brand new WV Gold & after adjusting it snugs up better than I have ever been able to adjust a WVG previously.  Really like this harness & it does have plenty of strap length as others on U-E have pointed out before.  Very cool that Ray can personalize these with names, logos, etc .  The 2nd harness he did for my son & customized it & a lineup book for him as well.  I'm sure when he shows up for Spring Training there will be some MiLB guys asking for Razzer's contact info.  I saw on FaceBook as well that some of the MLB guys are jumping on some ULFH customized harnesses as well.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

totally customized to your liking, ..name, number, color of trim, shipped, $36

Gentlemen, unless you are slight / small of build and/or using a pre-shaped CP (which an All-Star System 7 is), don't bother with the DeltaFlex. Its straps aren't anywhere near long enough. My first Flex harness was a DeltaFlex because I didn't know Ray ( @Razzer) at the time... now I do, now I have a "RayFlex", and that DeltaFlex went to a colleague and his envious Yoga-made physique wearing a Douglas (it looks like he's not even wearing a CP, that dog).

The DeltaFlex runs at approx. $26+shipping. Ray's ULFH is made for and shipped to you at $36.

The only other option is the Force3 NewFlex harness for the budget-conscious at $19.99. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

Gentlemen, unless you are slight / small of build and/or using a pre-shaped CP (which an All-Star System 7 is), don't bother with the DeltaFlex. Its straps aren't anywhere near long enough. My first Flex harness was a DeltaFlex because I didn't know Ray ( @Razzer) at the time... now I do, now I have a "RayFlex", and that DeltaFlex went to a colleague and his envious Yoga-made physique wearing a Douglas (it looks like he's not even wearing a CP, that dog).

The DeltaFlex runs at approx. $26+shipping. Ray's ULFH is made for and shipped to you at $36.

The only other option is the Force3 NewFlex harness for the budget-conscious at $19.99. 

I got mine already knowing of Ray. But not knowing of the quality. I had to have my DFH modified with the straps from my Gold in order for it not to come snapping off mid game (which happened a handful of times.)

I think my birthday present to myself this year will be a RayFlex and a Folder.

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

Nothing a little black duct tape couldn't fix...

Combination chest protector and girdle.

44 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

Good luck!

I have sent Ray several emails trying to order a harness with zero response.  I bought several of his lineup card holders and loved the quality.  Now, nothing.

He is currently in Cocoa Beach for OUTS and the Wendelstedt beach camp. He will be back up and running on the 22nd.

If you have Facebook, message him through there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conbo61 said:

Nothing a little black duct tape couldn't fix...

Combination chest protector and girdle.

Oh... I did exactly that for about 3 years. Nothing like the strap coming undone when the heat and your sweaty break down the tape glue.

Look guys don't even waste your time with any harness but the UmpLife harness for the west vest. Fits great, doesn't ride up, long enough straps, just all around awesome. In my opinion that is. And if anyone wants to try the flex harness I do have one that I never used because it was too short. I'm a little south of Atlanta if you want to swing by.  

14 hours ago, NicNag said:

Look guys don't even waste your time with any harness but the UmpLife harness for the west vest. Fits great, doesn't ride up, long enough straps, just all around awesome. In my opinion that is. And if anyone wants to try the flex harness I do have one that I never used because it was too short. I'm a little south of Atlanta if you want to swing by.  

As I am sure you can tell, we are well versed in the ULH (aka the RayFlex). By the way... my modified DF will be used on my modified Schutt XV as soon as I can get it back. It will be replaced by a RayFlex hopefully for my birthday in May.