BLACK FRIDAY FOLDER SALE

Razzer
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2667 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

One day that may be possible but right now I only make harnesses to order

Until I find the right factory in China to make blanks the price stays the same.

I also do not charge for custom names numbers or logos

Ray

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Razzer said:

One day that may be possible but right now I only make harnesses to order

Until I find the right factory in China to make blanks the price stays the same.

I also do not charge for custom names numbers or logos

Ray

Ok, not a problem. In the meantime I will substitute the All-Star System 7 harnesses that I have on each one of my chest protectors, that are not Force3, for the Force3 chest protector harness. A more economical option an IMO as good an also carried by the great folks of Ump-Attire. https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/F3-CP-RH_Force3-Umpire-Chest-Protector-Replacement-Harness

Love a free market economy 

BTW...I have already replaced about 16 of the V2 harnesses. (Nothing wrong with them) guys just feel my harness works for them.

I agree the people at Ump Attire are great to deal with and the are my US exclusive distributor for my folder.

• Like 1

Of the three Flex-style harnesses on the market, @Razzer's ULFH "RayFlex" is the best, followed by the Force3, and then the All-Star DeltaFlex. The DeltaFlex may have made these harnesses "famous", but it has far too short of straps to accommodate larger umpires or CP models from most other manufacturers.

The RayFlex has long straps, wide geometry, and its interior is open-air. As Ray has mentioned, he makes these to order in either a 4-strap or 3-strap model, complete with personalization.

IMG_2751.JPG

I kept the straps long simply to give me the latitude to take it to another CP if need be. Notice, too, I'm a champion of the 4-strap model on a Schutt which a user would otherwise think necessitates a 3-strap. Schutt users, don't be fooled, cast away that existing yoke and go for 4 straps.

That being said, the Force3 Flex-style harness is the next best – and I must say more affordable – option. It is narrower, but still employs long straps. The elastic is much stiffer than the RayFlex, but adequate to provide a solution to most potential users. $15 makes a difference in the context of parts and accessories. While I would not gripe and bemoan Ray charging what he does, when I'm trying to convince a fellow umpire to replace that twisted mess of straps on their WestVest with a Flex-style harness, $20 becomes a better selling point than $35. Umpires that take this seriously, and treat this as a profession, seize on the advantages and benefits of Ray's harness; umpires who are novice to the details of gear outfitting invariably just opt for the less expensive unit.

• Like 1

3 Straps is for the Schutt model...done few of them.

Max did the mod himself and he has a page where he talks anyone through it on how to make it a 4 point harness connection.

@Thunderheads... searching back through my Activity, I located the topic in question:

If you chose/choose to leave the existing Schutt-made yoke on, what I worked with @D62 blue on (remotely, D62 did all the physical work) is the most effective way to use Ray's 3-strap RayFlex harness.

I did have a junior umpire here in Phoenix approach me with the same problem – he has a Schutt XV and he purchased Ray's ULFH in the 3-strap variant, complete with his name ta boot. Thing is, I really hate that yoke on the XV (it is a complete and utter waste of time and resources), so while we planned on doing the same master-stitch mod that we had D62 do, I kept thinking of alternatives... and one fell into my lap. After swapping out the harnesses on a Douglas WestVest and two Honig's K1's, I was left with spare simple yokes – two straps oriented in a "V", anchored to a plastic vertex that accepts a third strap looped through it so as to make a "Y". There was our answer. So, I removed the Schutt yoke, installed two anchor D-rings on each shoulder arch plate, ran the rigger straps through each, then passed the RayFlex strap up and through the new yoke vertex and back down into a ladderloc tri-glide. Done!

This turned out to be a "welcome accident", because the umpire is a bit larger-framed (bulkier), and I can fine tune the rigger straps and the main strap much more liberally to accommodate his size.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:40 PM, MadMax said:

Of the three Flex-style harnesses on the market, @Razzer's ULFH "RayFlex" is the best, followed by the Force3, and then the All-Star DeltaFlex. The DeltaFlex may have made these harnesses "famous", but it has far too short of straps to accommodate larger umpires or CP models from most other manufacturers.

The RayFlex has long straps, wide geometry, and its interior is open-air. As Ray has mentioned, he makes these to order in either a 4-strap or 3-strap model, complete with personalization.

IMG_2751.JPG

I kept the straps long simply to give me the latitude to take it to another CP if need be. Notice, too, I'm a champion of the 4-strap model on a Schutt which a user would otherwise think necessitates a 3-strap. Schutt users, don't be fooled, cast away that existing yoke and go for 4 straps.

That being said, the Force3 Flex-style harness is the next best – and I must say more affordable – option. It is narrower, but still employs long straps. The elastic is much stiffer than the RayFlex, but adequate to provide a solution to most potential users. $15 makes a difference in the context of parts and accessories. While I would not gripe and bemoan Ray charging what he does, when I'm trying to convince a fellow umpire to replace that twisted mess of straps on their WestVest with a Flex-style harness, $20 becomes a better selling point than $35. Umpires that take this seriously, and treat this as a profession, seize on the advantages and benefits of Ray's harness; umpires who are novice to the details of gear outfitting invariably just opt for the less expensive unit.

Is there a link for a way to order these? 

@BT_Blue and @Mister B, I now feel compelled to actually do the video, but if I do one, please understand, I'm going to try and do it full gusto. I mean, I have to live up to @Scott Kennedy's SOP, right?

Let me assure you, the 4-point is the way to go. It doesn't seem obvious and is fretful of an undertaking if you're new to this because it involves completely removing the existing yoke and harness, and once you do that, there's no going back. If you don't have, or even know about, a fastener like a Chicago Screw (such as a rivet gun) you'll be SOL too, cursing and wanting to track down and throttle that guy online who made it sound so easy.

I don't want people hovering at my backstop waiting to see me after the game.

Unless she's my SWMBO... or future one.

Anyway, consider with confidence you are embarking on acquiring, modifying, and then using one of the lightest hardshells-of-effect on the market. Advanced TPU-EVA foam, incredibly well ventilated, reasonably trim and conforming (it ain't no Douglas), complete with pit-wings and an abdomen extension. And less than $100?! Max, you really are Mad.

Relevant to this topic, though, and in summary here, this is really best accomplished by having a ULFH "RayFlex" harness. So order a folder from @Razzer and have him toss on the order a personalized (4-strap!) harness.

3 minutes ago, MadMax said:

@BT_Blue and @Mister B, I now feel compelled to actually do the video, but if I do one, please understand, I'm going to try and do it full gusto. I mean, I have to live up to @Scott Kennedy's SOP, right?

Let me assure you, the 4-point is the way to go. It doesn't seem obvious and is fretful of an undertaking if you're new to this because it involves completely removing the existing yoke and harness, and once you do that, there's no going back. If you don't have, or even know about, a fastener like a Chicago Screw (such as a rivet gun) you'll be SOL too, cursing and wanting to track down and throttle that guy online who made it sound so easy.

I don't want people hovering at my backstop waiting to see me after the game.

Unless she's my SWMBO... or future one.

Anyway, consider with confidence you are embarking on acquiring, modifying, and then using one of the lightest hardshells-of-effect on the market. Advanced TPU-EVA foam, incredibly well ventilated, reasonably trim and conforming (it ain't no Douglas), complete with pit-wings and an abdomen extension. And less than $100?! Max, you really are Mad.

Relevant to this topic, though, and in summary here, this is really best accomplished by having a ULFH "RayFlex" harness. So order a folder from @Razzer and have him toss on the order a personalized (4-strap!) harness.

I've been saying I need to order from Ray for a while. Just need to get off my duff and do it... some time.

My main questionregarding the photos is did you cut a slit or a hole for the straps that holds the D-ring?

Look forward to the video. Just remember. You can't be "our man" cause Scott Kennedy is already our man.