Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
lawump

2017 Rule Changes/POE's Announced

It was generally in place last year -- they are just codifying it this year.

It seems to me that "that's enough" or "knock it off" would be sufficient, but ....

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
17 minutes ago, noumpere said:

It seems to me that "that's enough" or "knock it off" would be sufficient, but .... it isn't.

FIFY.

4 hours ago, GPblue said:

Kind of surprised no has mentioned #6 and having to include the verbiage " This is your official warning.  If you continue, you will leave me no option but to eject you."  It was discussed at a clinic I was at this weekend, that those exact words MUST be in your report if you eject.  

Anyone feel this is overkill or just a means to stopping something to keep coaches/players in the game?

As was said above. They are just making sure everyone is on the same page.

Adding that ty want this wording is to make sure there is no doubt in the offending person's mind that they have been issued a warning. It is for those situations where the arguments get progressively more annoying. Balls/strikes, safes/outs, etc. Where it isn't bad enough to eject immediately. But you are reaching the end of your teather on the discussion.

That doesn't mean we can't go straight to ejection and not be supported. Kid draws a line or spikes equipment because they aren't happy with your call. DONE! Coach comes blazing out of his dugout and mother-fs you. DONE! Or he comes out and makes contact with you. DONE!

We still have the option to go to a straight ejection. What the NCAA wants is for us to not go right there on "minor" offenses.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2016 at 8:52 AM, noumpere said:

It's on the NCAA Baseball central Hub (well, some version of it is).

And, like the FED changes, these are just the "summary".  the details of the wording and any ARs will be posted once the rule books come out (to address Jimmurray's questions).

Regarding #9 I think we will need an interp. No AR in the book and the wording is conflicting. The ump will not declare the game ended implies the OBR mechanic of advising the runner to go to 1B. The fans rush the field wording implies that an appeal is not possible in that instance but is possible otherwise:

"Note: When the winning run is scored in the last half-inning of a regulation game, or in the last half-inning of an extra inning, as the result of a base on balls, hit batter or any other play with the bases full which forces the batter and all other runners to advance without liability of being put out, the umpire shall not declare the game ended until the runner forced to advance from third has touched home plate and the batter-runner has touched first base. An exception will be made if fans rush onto the field and physically prevent the runner from touching home plate or the batter-runner from touching first base. In such cases, the umpires shall award the runner the necessary bases with n(sic) appeal allowed" 

On 9/14/2016 at 7:51 PM, Jimurray said:

Regarding #9, my understanding in OBR is if the batter fails to advance after being told to by the umpire he will be called out and no run scores. Will this be how NCAA does it or will it be an appeal play?

Segue:

R3, ball four wild pitch, R3 scores as the B-R stands cheering for the game ending run. Do we tell him to go to 1B in OBR and if he doesn't then call him out with no run scoring. NCAA? FED I think it's an appeal play. Walking off the field quickly is not an option in this OP just because.

I will check again, but in OBR I don't think this is an appeal play...I think we are to call him out.  My guess is that this will come out in the national meetings.