Chase Utley interference

Gfoley4
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2836 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Why does the tweeter think it's fine? He's obviously ruled out for INT.

That subreddit is horrible. I got into an argument with some people who think you can eject an umpire from the game. (facepalm)

After that, I vowed never to go back.

Good thing Utley plays in LA now.....that was a hell,of an acting job.  He could have a career in the movies next :D

ill say, very heads up on his part, caused the contact prevent the run. 

Could U1 have helped, if he believed Utley initiated the contact, thereby not having the INT applied?

1 hour ago, udbrky said:

That subreddit is horrible. I got into an argument with some people who think you can eject an umpire from the game. (facepalm)

Of course you can! I'm sure I've seen it done ... maybe Leslie Nielsen?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, udbrky said:

Why does the tweeter think it's fine? He's obviously ruled out for INT.

he was being sarcastic 

3 hours ago, stkjock said:

Good thing Utley plays in LA now.....that was a hell,of an acting job.  He could have a career in the movies next :D

ill say, very heads up on his part, caused the contact prevent the run. 

Could U1 have helped, if he believed Utley initiated the contact, thereby not having the INT applied?

Ah - yeah, sarcasm makes sense.

While waiting in line for the Cubs game Tuesday, I told my friend we should go say we're the 7th inning stretch guy and try to pull an Enrique Palazzo!

He's fielding the ball. The runner has to give him space, so no.

Oh just saw that he hopped into him with his glove on the other side. That's an interesting tag method to say the least.

They should create a program that emulates Vin Scully after he retires.

of course...

but ......you can't see that from U2's angle and in real time ........

Momentum is coming through the ball as he fields. Utley may have helped initiate contact but it would have happened anyway.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ALStripes17 said:

Momentum is coming through the ball as he fields. Utley may have helped initiate contact but it would have happened anyway.

Disagree.

He moves to the side ...catches the ball oh his left hip all while moving into R1 w/ a right hip-check ....that wasn't "momentum" that's intentional contact to get the call

• Like 1

Disagree.

He moves to the side ...catches the ball oh his left hip all while moving into R1 w/ a right hip-check ....that wasn't "momentum" that's intentional contact to get the call

I disagree with your disagreement

11 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Disagree.

I agree with your disagree, IMO, the right foot is planted and he jumps to his right to get the call, brilliant move on his part, but obviously intentional IMHO