Mound meeting won't break up...

stl_ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2466 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I have a set routine for mound visits, first note the visit on the lineup card,  second, dust off the plate, then move toward the mound. Most visits are done by the time I'm half way to the mound. If I make it to the mound, the lineup card comes out and I ask, "coach, are we making a change here?"

• Like 2

Usually I figure if the conference is taking too long, the manager is just waiting for me to come out and Ill get the benefit of his personal advice on some call that I or my partner made.  This often ends in a short day for the manager and He gets to claim I was the bad guy........

I'm ok with that.... 

So let's give the OP some things he can do by rule to work through this...so a coach blatantly ignores the fact that PU is ending the mound visit. 

What specifically are the next steps? What should he say? 

We've all dealt with the coach who isn't going to be told what to do. How do we handle this within the rules to avoid being bullied by a coach who is trying to control the situation?

I've read lots of do this and that...but without very little rule book support. So, what tools do we have at our disposal? (By rule)

It seems like the "nuclear option" is (obviously excerpted):

7.03 Forfeited Games
    (a) (4.15) A game may be forfeited to the opposing team when a team:
        (2) Employs tactics palpably designed to delay or shorten the game;
        (4) Fails to resume play, after a suspension, within one minute after the umpire-in-chief has called “Play;”