Retirement? Sale

noumpere
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2268 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I copied some of this from the "equipment" forum.  I'm not yet quite sure what, if any, I want to sell -- I'm having trouble coming to grips with the fact that I might need to retire.  So, make an offer or ask questions (I'm out for a bit, so I'm lacking some details below and won't be able to answer specifics unless I can get someone at home to check):

WestVest Platinum with Team Wendy Pad Upgrade -- .  I had it retrofitted before last season.  Wore it one month (the cool / cold month of April) before I got hurt and was out for the season.  Wore it this May (also mostly cool) before I got hurt and am done for the season.  I think the fates are trying to tell me something.

Douglass Chest Protector -- Original, Unworn.  I forget the exact length, but I can measure.  I ordered it when they were having their "going out of business" sale a few years ago.

Plate and Base Shoes -- New Balance.  Whatever the model was a couple of years ago.  Not worn much (see the WV Platinum). Size 9.5, I think -- maybe 10.

Wilson Mask with Team Wendy Pads -- Pads upgraded two years ago

Wilson Shin Guards -- I forget the model, but they are gray with the hard ankle protectors.  These are a bit worn.

Honig's Poly Wools -- Very good shape -- probably worn about 10 times each.  (I think I read where they recently changed the style / manufacturer -- these are the original version)  Two plates, two bases.  34" waist.  I wear a 32" inseam in "street" pants.

Smitty Pants -- Plate and bases.  Worn much more than the Honigs, but in good shape.  Adjustable waist.  Multiple pairs of each.

Outer Shirts -- Black, Polo, Navy.  L and XL.  One long sleeve Navy.  All the Navy has state patch on the shoulder (you can take it off).  Multiple MFG (Official choice, honig's, mostly),  One Cliff Keen, I think.  One might have a number 23 on the sleeve.

Under Shirts -- Navy, Red, White, Black.  McDavid or similar.  Some crew neck; some mock turtle neck.

Assorted black and navy ball bags, indicators, brushes, etc.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:40 PM, noumpere said:

I copied some of this from the "equipment" forum.  I'm not yet quite sure what, if any, I want to sell -- I'm having trouble coming to grips with the fact that I might need to retire.  So, make an offer or ask questions (I'm out for a bit, so I'm lacking some details below and won't be able to answer specifics unless I can get someone at home to check):

WestVest Platinum with Team Wendy Pad Upgrade -- .  I had it retrofitted before last season.  Wore it one month (the cool / cold month of April) before I got hurt and was out for the season.  Wore it this May (also mostly cool) before I got hurt and am done for the season.  I think the fates are trying to tell me something.

Douglass Chest Protector -- Original, Unworn.  I forget the exact length, but I can measure.  I ordered it when they were having their "going out of business" sale a few years ago.  Either 12" or 13" (I measure in between,)  What sizes did they come in? I can't believe I would have bought the smallest  SOLD

Honigs Chest Protector -- K1.  12" from neck to base.  Plus I added a 2" extension (removable -- just velcro) for a total of 14".  WOrn a lot, but no stains or anything.  Includes removable bicep protectors. 

Plate and Base Shoes -- New Balance.  Whatever the model was a couple of years ago.  Not worn much (see the WV Platinum). Size 9.5, I think -- maybe 10.   Size 10-4E (both).  Plate is NB 460; Base is NB950 (I think)

Plate Shoes -- NB 450.  Worn a couple of years.  Shows some wear, but no tears or anything.  Size 10-4E.

Base Shoes -- Reebok 980.  Worn a couple of years.  Shows some wear..  SIze 11. 

Wilson Mask with Team Wendy Pads -- Pads upgraded two years ago. 

Wilson Shin Guards -- I forget the model, but they are gray with the hard ankle protectors.  These are a bit worn.

Honigs Shins -- Model K20-18".  Worn a lot,  Shows some wear. 

Honig's Poly Wools -- Very good shape -- probably worn about 10 times each.  (I think I read where they recently changed the style / manufacturer -- these are the original version)  Two plates, two bases.  34" waist.  I wear a 32" inseam in "street" pants.  SOLD

Smitty Pants -- Plate and bases.  Worn much more than the Honigs, but in good shape.  Adjustable waist.  Multiple pairs of each. I seem to have 4 base and three plate.  Still looking for more.

Gerry Davis Pants -- the first version.  Same size as above.  The base have been "rehemmed" so there's not much fabric left if you need to lengthen.

Honigs "thermabase" jacket.  (or whatever it's called).  Size L  Elastic hem -- designed to be worn untucked (but you can tuck It -- I did).

Honig's Convertible Jacket -- Size L.  Pic is shown without sleeves, but I have teh sleeves.  Open hem -- designed to be worn tucked.

Outer Shirts -- Black, Polo, Navy.  L and XL.  One long sleeve Navy.  All the Navy has state patch on the shoulder (you can take it off).  Multiple MFG (Official choice, honig's, mostly),  One Cliff Keen, I think.  One might have a number 23 on the sleeve.

Under Shirts -- Navy, Red, White, Black.  McDavid or similar.  Some crew neck; some mock turtle neck.

Assorted black and navy ball bags, indicators, brushes, etc.

Here are the pics for some of the items above .  mOre to come (maybe I need separate threads?  Comments Welcomed)

pic 9.jpg

pic 6.jpg

pic 7.jpg

pic 8.jpg

pic 5.jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 10.jpg

pic 11.jpg

pic 14.jpg

pic 15.jpg

I sem to be mxed out on photo additions (I keep getting an error) -- any help? edit:  I made the pictures smaller, so I think they are all attached.  I hope you can tell what is what.  If not, let me know.  I'd prefer to get any bids here (in the thread), as opposed to PMs or "profile posts" or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
On June 26, 2016 at 3:40 PM, noumpere said:

Douglass Chest Protector -- Original, Unworn.  I forget the exact length, but I can measure.  I ordered it when they were having their "going out of business" sale a few years ago.

What's the length on that Douglas? Also the WV? Asking prices?!

9 hours ago, G-ManRVA said:

How much for WV with retrofit?

That's the toughest one for me to price.  It is what I use, and if I sell, it does mean I've retired -- there's probably no turning back.  I do see where someone wanted $420 (or so) for one with a different harness.  I don't need to get that much, but it needs to be high.  The padding is practically brand new because of injuries the past couple of years.  $375?

Someone asked for a price on the K1 and Wilson shins.  It was in a PM, and I find the PM system here to be very hard to use (it's probably my fault).  So, I prefer the PMs just when we get to the point of exchanging personal information for shipping, etc.

So, $100 for the K1 (I seem to recall someone offering that, but I can't find it in the PMs -- that's one of the problems) and $45 for the shins.  Buyer chooses shipping method and pays shipping.  Yes, I'll consider a discount if you get both.

I realize I didn't put anything up there for the shirts (black, polo, navy, one cream).  All in good shape,  Various brands.  All size L or XL.  $5 each.

Newer plate shoes: $70.  Newer base shoes: $50.

Older plate shoes: $50  Older base shoes $25.

I think that's now everything listed.  If not, let me know and / or make an offer.  As I said before, the biggest one to sell is the WV with TW padding.