Kids are so proud of their parents at games!

udbrky
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2882 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

11 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

We've had players apologize to visitors for their parent;s behavior.

I've had kids apologize to me for their parents and/or their coaches.....Usually goes something like.."Sorry Blue, ...he gets like that. Wish he would just shut up"

• Like 2

This is soooo sad and unfortunately true. :(

If I've got a crazy mom screaming at someone on the field, I'll tell the catcher and batter (as long as they aren't the ones being yelled at), "baseball moms are VICIOUS."  They always laugh because they know it's true.

Sad, but true.

Several years ago, I had a dad at a 12u game going nuts (cussing, screaming, etc.) I spoke to the coach about him, coach spoke to the dad (who got louder) and the kid loudly pleaded from the dugout "Dad, PLEASE don't get ejected again!!" Thankfully, tourney officials handled it for us and sent him home. 

I had a grandpa going crazy a few days ago at a rec munchkin softball game. He kept yelling "but she's taken four pitches!!!" when I gave the count of 1-2. Finally the catcher, who was the granddaughter, got snotty with him and told him if he didn't understand the rules he should keep his trap shut. I'm not sure I hid my laughter very well under my bucket.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I had a 70+/- "Grandpa" in the stands last Monday evening. He was sitting UP AGAINST the backstop fence in a comfortable chair rather than the bleachers and he was wearing "Mr. Magoo", coke bottle bottomed glasses. A pitch came in so obviously and hit the batter, and before I could get the words out of my mouth, "Grandpa" said "it hit the batter . . . it hit the batter!!! . . . he gets 1st base!!!". I couldn't resist, so I turned around and merely said "thank you Sir, I wasn't sure" ;-) . . . (wink, wink) . . . his Granddaughter(?) said "quiet Pop, he knows what he's doing" . . . . alas, I vote of confidence from a spectator :-)))))))))))   

I'll give the old gent the benefit of the doubt and think that he just wanted to impress the other spectators in the stands that he could still see ;-)

Good Times, Good Times! :-)

Everyone have a SAFE and GREAT Memorial Weekend!!!

SJA :-)

8 hours ago, SJA said:

I had a 70+/- "Grandpa" in the stands last Monday evening. He was sitting UP AGAINST the backstop fence in a comfortable chair rather than the bleachers and he was wearing

"Mr. Magoo", coke bottle bottomed glasses

. A pitch came in so obviously and hit the batter, and before I could get the words out of my mouth, "Grandpa" said "it hit the batter . . . it hit the batter!!! . . . he gets 1st base!!!". I couldn't resist, so I turned around and merely said "thank you Sir, I wasn't sure" ;-) . . . (wink, wink) . . . his Granddaughter(?) said "quiet Pop, he knows what he's doing" . . . . alas, I vote of confidence from a spectator :-)))))))))))   

I'll give the old gent the benefit of the doubt and think that he just wanted to impress the other spectators in the stands that he could still see ;-)

Good Times, Good Times! :-)

Everyone have a SAFE and GREAT Memorial Weekend!!!

SJA :-)

Hey it's not easy being me

• Like 2