Proof USA is doomed.

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2690 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

One of the mercies of imperfect cultural memory is that it filters out mediocre pop bands.

The experience like this that startled me was the blank stare I received having described a grip as "like you hold an ax."  That one may be a contrast of locations as well as time. 

31 minutes ago, basejester said:

One of the mercies of imperfect cultural memory is that it filters out mediocre pop bands.

The experience like this that startled me was the blank stare I received having described a grip as "like you hold an ax."  That one may be a contrast of locations as well as time. 

Should've just said "You know, pimpin hos and clockin a grip like my name was Dolamite"

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, basejester said:

Yeh... That would not be lost here in certain parts of the Pacific Northwest. 

Heard the story of an English teacher, trying to teach plural possessive nouns and possessive nouns that happen to end with an "s".  He thought of an example. 

"How would you complete a familiar phrase, 'Keeping up with the [blank]'?"

A girl went to the blackboard and wrote "Kardashians".