Honig's Ultimate pant

celt62
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2967 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Has anyone had any experience with the Ultimate Charcoal pants from Honig's.  They're about $20 less than the polywools and I was looking for something better than the Smitty's that always seem to have some problem with them (zippers, seams).  I have the polywools (older model and love them)  but I need more of an everyday pant that I can quickly wash and dry due to so many games in such a short period of time once the season starts.  I see they get 5 stars on their website but only one review. Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pr of these base pants. I've had no issues with them. The color is nice and they held up all season just fine. I like the expander clip a whole lot better than the expandable waistband on other pants. Although I have seen others complain that clip breaks, I've had no issue with it.

I've had a pair of their plate pants for a season and no complaints.  They wear well, easy to clean, heavy enough to not get too hung up on the shins, cool in the summer and the expandable waist clip is nice when I wear a thicker pair of compression pants or tuck in a thicker under shirt in the colder months. 

I purchased two pair last year to finish off the season and for a SBR Regional that I was working. I have used Gerry Davis exclusively to this point but was tired of the horrible fading those pants are experiencing. I have one plate and one base and I like them. The fabric washes well, they hang nicely while wearing, have a travelers crease so they always look pressed and the expander is great. The only thing I wish I had done differently is buy one size larger. I have large thighs and that one size up would have given me a bit more room in the seat and leg area...other than that, will probably buy again. Oh, they are made in U.S. of A!

I have used them for a few years. They hold up very well and wash well. Washing them in cold keeps the color better and hang them right out of the dryer. They seem to be low maintenance. I have worn these for HS and summer ball without ant complaints.

These are the pants I wear and I like them. Comfortable, have held up well and I like the adjustable waist because my weight fluctuates up and down a few pounds during the season. Mine have held up well; I've also worn  the Smitty pants and much prefer the Honigs Ultimate pants.

I have worn them for the past two few years and really like them.  They hang well, wash easily, and the expander waist clip is a huge benefit for me.  I've never had any issues with them.  They don't seem to fade very quickly either.