Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Lefty

Force 3 mask

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
7 hours ago, Lefty said:

Has anyone used the new force 3 mask?  If so what is your feeling about it.

Thanks 

Lefty

I have used it, and love it. I'm going to start my second season with it. Got hit various times in high level baseball while using it and performed as advertised. Weights just a tiny more than other masks but the protection and the confidence that it gives you, outnumber anything else. My recommendation is get it you will not regret it. I got the silver frame with black pads, but now there are more cage/pads color combinations.

I also have this mask. Used it for fall season last year and loved it.  Everyone I let see it tell me they don't like the extra weight and I tell them if a few oz bother you over the course of a few hours get your butt off the sofa and work out. I will take saftey over less weight all day. I have silver and black also.

I didn't care for the way it fit my face. Masks, like most all our gear, are not "one size fits all".

I do believe they offer a better level of protection for some shots, and hats off to them for some innovative thinking.

I picked one up when the vendors were at our high school meeting. I couldn't use this mask coming from a Rawlings ti and a Wilson ti. Way heavier than the standard masks on sale these days.

1 hour ago, WES2006AG said:

I picked one up when the vendors were at our high school meeting. I couldn't use this mask coming from a Rawlings ti and a Wilson ti. Way heavier than the standard masks on sale these days.

Hit the gym, do a neck strength routine :wave:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MadMax
      In viewing clips of pitches and hits on mlb.tv, I have noticed a trend – MLB umpires are opting to a wider variety of masks rather than the default, formerly supplied Wilson DynaLite. We’re still seeing guys use the Wilson DynAlum and the occasional Wilson Titanium (Way Too) Low Profile, and there are those still relying on their Nike Icon Titaniums, but we’re also seeing increased numbers of Mizunos, Force3 Defenders, and All-Star FM4000MAGs.
      I’m sincerely wondering when that “paradigm shift” or “break point” is going to occur, when it is open season on branding gear with attributed logos instead of hiding, obscuring, or flat-out lying so as to appease a company that lethargically refuses to progressively protect their “sponsored” representatives. Because a knocked-off mask is viewed as a “failed mask”, MLB umpires – wearing Wilson -marked masks especially – are directed to wear their masks far too tight. Well, coincidentally, this plays right into Force3’s strengths, as the reactive spring suspension functions best when the mask is worn snugly. It’s just a shame that Force3 doesn’t receive due credit!
    • By vecchioni27
      Looking for a used but in good shape F3 Hockey Style mask. Just don't have the money at the moment for a new one. The Wilson Shox that I am currently using needs new pads but I would spend half of a new mask to replace them most likely. Plus the headache of replacing them! Help a brother out!
    • By BT_Blue
      I'm looking for the shoulder paldrons for the Force3 chest protector or something else along those lines. I was inspired to try and put together my own chest protector, like the one pictured below, by a minor league umpire and Facebook friend.
      If no one has any they want to part with. Do you know if you can get "replacement" chest protector parts or ones that are not sellable on a full piece from Force3?
    • By boyinr
      Anyone out there have a Douglas with Tee Hooks and a Force 3 harness?  I ham considering sending mine in to add the tee hooks but, I don't want to make my harness obsolete.   
    • By kylehutson
      Don't worry, this is the extent of comparing my talent level with Kurt Suzuki.
      This is what I'm referencing:
      So last night I was in a high school varsity game. No super-stars on the team, I'm guessing pitches were in the low to mid 70's. Fast ball comes in high, the catcher completely whiffs it, and the ball hits my F3 Defender v2 right about in the same place as it does Suzuki in the video from the above link (just below the eye opening, and almost dead-center left-to-right). And darn if I don't have an abrasion and a bruise right where he did.
      Today I got my mask back out and I think I figured out why. The back of the bracket the springs are attached to is right behind the stitching of the padding, so there's essentially no padding there. It seems like if the mask gets torqued downward, the brace can hit your chin with very little padding. Don't get me wrong, if I was wearing my old Diamond with the memory-foam pads, I'd have probably had a concussion, but it's still frustrating that I got hurt wearing what should be the best thing on the market.
      Here are some photos I just took
      https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPAODLBoWknDserLMt52N7iiYM07uIMWYrTbd19sB2WxDZbF5r9PMEl1p0sbJGNYQ?key=aWhPUXdBWVhFVFRhWUJpNGVweW5YT3dLazIxZkN3 
      1) The bruise and abrasion on my chin
      2) How the mask sits on my face (yes, I know the straps are twisted, I was just trying to show the positioning
      3) A close-up of the brace and the padding (or lack thereof) in that location.