New from +POS - CP

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2966 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I really like the plate configuration. It's like they fused the Champion P2xx series and a Platinum, and added some extra shoulder protection.

Don't like that the padding isn't velcroed in. Can't take it out and wash it.

There was a lot of thought put into this.

11 hours ago, zm1283 said:

I just can't see paying $250+ for a chest protector when a Douglas/Wilson offers the same or better protection. 

It's only $179.  But I wouldn't spend that when you can get a Gold for less than that.

Why would any company come out with new equipment for us? All that happens, is critics talk about what we perceive as negatives. What I have seen on this forum: 1. A low profile, adjustable, hard shell protector in multiple sizes.(see likes and dislikes of unequal and they seem to be included in here) 2. We are frugal with our money until others justify it for us. 

I commend Dan and PlusPos for fighting the fight to provide us with new options and technology in spite of the critical nature of his audience.  

• Like 4

The ribs at the  bottom is a jell foam, With plastic inserts. We made this hybrid design to be a ultra lite form fitted protector. The neck piece is made the same that can also adjust the size to make a custom fit. 

The plastic plates will cover the users rib cage.

I, too, commend Dan ( @Dan dada) and others like him who are endeavouring to develop and produce products as alternatives to the status quo and better solve problems we (as umpires) face.

The Cobra looks intriguing, and as Dan relays design particulars (foam-encased plastic sheaves over the ribcage), it is an innovative perspective on the CP. I would certainly give this a try – certainly much more so than a Wilson Gold or Platinum – if I didn't already own and reliably use a Schutt XV. At one time I was going to invest in an UnEqual, but estimated it would invariably be improved, and I couldn't handle the out-of-pocket cost. It does look like, though, that the latest UnEqual version, the V2, now has improved padding, an actual hard-cast sternum plate (for those naysayers) and a brand-new design of harness looking alot like a DeltaFlex.

Back to the Cobra, it looks like a tremendous piece of protection. It's low-profile, but designed to be protective and flexible. There is emphasized protection on the clavicles and shoulders, but not done in the hulking, heavy-handed way the Platinum does it. And, it reads like Dan took a conscious approach to using the latest materials available to him instead of using sofa cushion foam, wrapping it in nylon, riveting it to some plastic shell parts and painting a big gold W on it. $179 is very reasonable when compared to the older, less refined, bulkier Wilsons at $200+ and the more sophisticated, cutting-edge UnEqual at $250+. In keeping with the trend established by All-Star, it even has an "X-harness", something Wilson can't even be bothered to update!

I saw this and all I could think of was the old Dodge Cobra commercials.

However, after seeing the video Dan posted, I am curious about this CP. But it will take a lot to rip my Gold off of my chest. I am interested in reviews when people!e get theirs.

On 2/10/2016 at 10:57 PM, MadMax said:

I, too, commend Dan ( @Dan dada) and others like him who are endeavouring to develop and produce products as alternatives to the status quo and better solve problems we (as umpires) face.

The Cobra looks intriguing, and as Dan relays design particulars (foam-encased plastic sheaves over the ribcage), it is an innovative perspective on the CP. I would certainly give this a try – certainly much more so than a Wilson Gold or Platinum – if I didn't already own and reliably use a Schutt XV. At one time I was going to invest in an UnEqual, but estimated it would invariably be improved, and I couldn't handle the out-of-pocket cost. It does look like, though, that the latest UnEqual version, the V2, now has improved padding, an actual hard-cast sternum plate (for those naysayers) and a brand-new design of harness looking alot like a DeltaFlex.

Back to the Cobra, it looks like a tremendous piece of protection. It's low-profile, but designed to be protective and flexible. There is emphasized protection on the clavicles and shoulders, but not done in the hulking, heavy-handed way the Platinum does it. And, it reads like Dan took a conscious approach to using the latest materials available to him instead of using sofa cushion foam, wrapping it in nylon, riveting it to some plastic shell parts and painting a big gold W on it. $179 is very reasonable when compared to the older, less refined, bulkier Wilsons at $200+ and the more sophisticated, cutting-edge UnEqual at $250+. In keeping with the trend established by All-Star, it even has an "X-harness", something Wilson can't even be bothered to update!

The West Vests aren't riveted, and you can get a Platinum for $123 from epic sports. Gold's go for $136.