Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3143 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

so the 1st base side gives the PU a better angle?  funny I would have thought opposite.

i think its because davidson expected a throw to 1B instead of reading the play and moving to 3BX. But this is also the same guy that rotated to 3B on a base hit, with no one on, and made his call at 3rd with his mask still on.

gibson is the PU for MinvsKC

Davidson is PU for MILvsMIA

Edited by jpperez14

so the 1st base side gives the PU a better angle?  funny I would have thought opposite.

called ... third base line extended (3blx) ....that's how it's taught all the time now (basically) ...see the first video w/ Gibson

If you search the site via Google ...search for positioning and play at the plate, you'll see LOTS of threads on this discussion

Edited by Thunderheads

i think its because davidson expected a throw to 1B instead of reading the play and moving to 3BX. But this is also the same guy that rotated to 3B on a base hit, with no one on, and made his call at 3rd with his mask still on.

gibson is the PU for MinvsKC

Davidson is PU for MILvsMIA

yea, I understood which PU was which

called ... third base line extended (3blx) ....that's how it's taught all the time now (basically) ...see the first video w/ Gibson

yes, thanks for the nomenclature correction