Gfoley4
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3170 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Not sure I saw OBS, but, I did see Cubbie's infamous blue ball bag.  It's GOT to have some kind of sentimental value to him.  Perhaps his first one...#blueisthenewblack

Maybe Manny was mistaking Ramirez' effort to get out of the way as contact?  I don't think he was at the best angle to make the call, but the best angle on that kind of play is difficult.  Would it have harmed anything to wait until the play was over, then get together on a play like that?  OBS is not an immediate dead ball, is it?

Maybe Manny was mistaking Ramirez' effort to get out of the way as contact?  I don't think he was at the best angle to make the call, but the best angle on that kind of play is difficult.  Would it have harmed anything to wait until the play was over, then get together on a play like that?  OBS is not an immediate dead ball, is it?

The ball is immediately dead, because it's during a play.  6.01 (h).  It's type, ummmmm, 2 1 obstruction.

Edited by basejester
A=1, B=2
  • Like 2

In this case, you'd kill it right away.  I'm not convinced on OBS from any of the angle I saw.  This is Type A obstruction.

Yeah,....no.

yeah, no?

what is that?  and why does EVERYONE do that....and I mean everyone.  What is it? Yes, or No?  I just don't get the things people (not maven) say .... and the things our society adapts to.  Strange species we are! :D

Back on subject:

1)  @Elkoil ... contact is not necessary for OBS

2)  I see no OBS here at all

• Like 2