White HSM

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3157 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Ah, he's going for the "Bonehead" look... Black shirt, white mask looks like a skeleton or a Dia de Los Muertos evocation.

It could be as @Thawk751 says, but likely, this is a former player (catcher) who is a cheapskate. I'd send him this black Diamond iX3 HSM I just repaired for the cost of shipping... if I hadn't already given it to a junior umpire here who was doing the same with a Royal blue HSM he got from Dunhams (a regional sporting goods store) on Clearance.

Thing is, any mask can be repainted... But is it worth it in lieu of just getting a different one?

• Like 1

Seems like an issue that should be addressed by the association/assigner.  If the powers that be don't have a problem with it, who am I to object.  In our association I can't remember HSM/mask color ever being discussed.  Hat color, shirt color, pant color, jacket color, shoe color, ball bag color are all discussed.  Not ever masks that I'm aware of.  I also have never seen one of our umpires wear anything other than a black HSM, black mask, or silver mask.  I would think if someone wore something different(such as white) it would be addressed.  My partner in a game last year was hit with a foul ball and broke his HSM.  He borrowed one from one of the teams to finish the game.  Two innings with a green helmet had no ill effects on our game.      

Ah, he's going for the "Bonehead" look... Black shirt, white mask looks like a skeleton or a Dia de Los Muertos evocation.

It could be as @Thawk751 says, but likely, this is a former player (catcher) who is a cheapskate. I'd send him this black Diamond iX3 HSM I just repaired for the cost of shipping... if I hadn't already given it to a junior umpire here who was doing the same with a Royal blue HSM he got from Dunhams (a regional sporting goods store) on Clearance.

Thing is, any mask can be repainted... But is it worth it in lieu of just getting a different one?

@MadMax , I hear ya brother.  Kinda like when umpires show up to the field and realize they don't have on all their equipment....btw thanks for saving my a@# again on that one.  (CDP wk4).

@JaxRolo , let the man know, I have a Schutt HSM which I will be happy to send to him for no cost other than shipping.  It was given to me, and worked for me until I got an MVP2500.