Idiots in the stands .......

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3209 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

At one of our local high schools, there's an autistic kid, probably about 10 years old, that loves to mimic umpires' strike calls. It can be pretty distracting at first, but you get used to it. After one game, he came up and high-fived me and wanted to put on my mask (I obliged). At least I had one fan out there that day. 

• Like 3

I have a raspy but loud "striiiiiiiiiiiii"verbal for called strikes. I get a lot of copycats in stands and dugouts for some reason.ive tried to change it a couple of times but that's the sound that wants to come out of me so I just go with it.

The mimicking used to bother me a little. Had me thinking they were mocking me. (They were I'm sure) Now I just choose to accept it as a compliment. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. 

• Like 3

Just another thing you Americans can't do as well as us Canadians...This is from 2010.. the original Fake Umps
They had some connections and were given mlb shirts and hats. But check out how geared up they are ...Prostate Cancer awareness wrist band2 ball bags...That's how you do it

Edited by NovaScotiaBlue
  • Like 2

@NovaScotiaBlue

That's good SH*# right there, eh?

Canucks know how to have a good time. I spent a week or so with Canadian Airborne Regiment in Petawawa back in '88. I chuckle whenever I think of those guys and that trip. (Like right now)

WTF??! No one has noticed that these two guys are wearing the incorrect umpire shirt?!

They're wearing navy-trimmed powder... a fricken' softball shirt.

Pathetic.

WTF??! No one has noticed that these two guys are wearing the incorrect umpire shirt?!

They're wearing navy-trimmed powder... a fricken' softball shirt.

Pathetic.

I couldn't get past the backward cap.  But dang it, I liked their enthusiasm.