CWS Ump-cam

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3217 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

He was wearing one in the Virginia game too.  

Cool idea.

​Very cool. Although it does open him up to "commentary".  I think ESPN is doing a pretty good job of just using it as another perspective.

I've noticed the umpires wearing the Wilson titanium with the Wilson non-wrap around two tone pads

​I think this is the mask they have rigged with the camera. With all of the mask styles out there, I am guessing they are using 1 mask and sharing it at the WS.

It is a cool perspective, and the guy that I watched wearing it, stayed very steady. It showed that he was watching the ball with his eyes, and not moving.

• Like 1

​I think this is the mask they have rigged with the camera. With all of the mask styles out there, I am guessing they are using 1 mask and sharing it at the WS.

It is a cool perspective, and the guy that I watched wearing it, stayed very steady. It showed that he was watching the ball with his eyes, and not moving.

​The plate ump in Vandy vs. TCU was wearing the mask, but no camera.  Maybe they are trying out the new masks.

Didn't see all the games but saw a good many of them, but I can only remember seeing it on various Wilson masks (titanium, original dyna-lite). Only one I remember not seeing it on was Perry Costello (multiple games, Champ. series game 1 included) and he wears the Diamond silver lightweight mask.

My thought is maybe the rig for the camera, looks like a sunshield with a camera in the middle, didn't fit into the upper part of the mask or didn't sit right with the hat or something along those lines.