20 inch Douglas Shin Guards - Best Offer

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3215 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Yep, 20", that is not a typo.  In any case I am no longer active here (or in umpiring), but decided to post this to see if there is any interest in these shins.  They are the newer gray shell/navy padding models, I used them for 3 seasons before my umpire retirement last summer.  They are in great shape, and have been modified with plastic buckles as part of a Douglas factory recondition after season #2 - I did not care for the stock Douglas metal buckles.

I sent Jeff Cook an email recently to find out if these could be reworked to a smaller size (to make them more sellable) and the short answer is that it's not financially practical.  So, if there are any tall/long legged umpires out there, feel free to make me an offer on these.  You will get a truly great set of shin pads for a great price, I guarantee that.

So, for purposes of complying with what I remember to be the rules here, I am offering these for best offer plus actual shipping costs to you from Mooresville, NC (28117).  I have great feedback here as both a buyer and a seller and am honestly looking for someone who can use these to take them off my hands.  I paid a fortune for these, but am not concerned with the return on that investment (I already got that by using them).  If they don't sell here they will likely be donated locally.

Please PM (vs. posting as I won't respond to posts with offers) offers or email to mfprince@gmail.com.  I am traveling for the next week including the weekend, so if you want these and are in a hurry to get them this may not be the deal for you.  If there is interest in these I can post some pictures of them tomorrow.

Thanks - Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3215 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.