Season going to be cut short again........

cyclonehokiece
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3234 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Since Tapatalk stopped working, it has been awhile. Getting some ball in, having great days and a few not so great, but finally getting a grove working weekend ball.  But good news and bad news came last week. SWMBO got her dream job, but it will mean we will have to move to make our commutes manageable. It will also make it unfeasible to continue to call games for the great group I have been calling ball with for the last three years. The worse part is that the move will probably occur in July or August, meaning an early end to my year, again (had one last year due to injury), as most groups tell you "call us in January" unless they are really hurting. 

Any advice on keeping the not calling games blues away?

there are no shortage of games for good umpires.......

old associations loss is new associations gain..........get your assoc president/assignor to contact new area and give you an introduction and reference..... 

• Like 1

Any advice on keeping the not calling games blues away?

​Just because it's infeasible to call for the current group in the long run, doesn't mean you couldn't do it in the short term - -for the rest of this season.

Also, call the new association *NOW* and say that you are moving to the area, know they are all scheduled, but that you could be a good substitute for any cancellations.

Alcohol...

"The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson  Even the Not Calling Games Blues...

Of course, I'm kidding.  As @Stan W. said, have your assigner contact the new assigner.  I would also recommend constructing an umpire resume'.