First HS Playoff Assignment - 4A

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3233 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Reading about it the week of the game is great and all, but high school organizations throwing three umpires on a field and expecting it to work correctly is asking for trouble. 

With that said, read and pregame. 

• Like 1

Reading about it the week of the game is great and all, but high school organizations throwing three umpires on a field and expecting it to work correctly is asking for trouble. 

​Would they even know if it was being done correctly?

​In my neck of the woods they scrapped 3-man entirely from the playoffs.  Mixing umpires from different chapters and little practice led to some interesting rotations and near disasters.  

​Would they even know if it was being done correctly?

No, they would not.

​In my neck of the woods they scrapped 3-man entirely from the playoffs.  Mixing umpires from different chapters and little practice led to some interesting rotations and near disasters.  

​Yep. My point exactly. They're better off staying with 2-man or using six umpires and just telling the infield umpires not to go out and let the two outfield umpires handle all catch/no catch responsibilities. 

Edited by zm1283