My First HS Post Season Assignment

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3226 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Well ....it came down yesterday ....

I've been asked to do a pre-district game, and be on the 3 man crew doing the 3 game District on Saturday May 30 (same district).  Humbled, nervous and excited! :cheers: ..............I know, I know ......don't suck!:HD:

Edited by Thunderheads
  • Like 10

I've been asked to do a pre-district game, and be on the 4 man crew doing the 3 game District on Saturday May 30 (same district).  Humbled, nervous and excited! :cheers: ..............I know, I know ......don't suck!:HD:

​In virtually the exact same situation! Got my first assignment as well last week, had my game last night. Great experience....smooth game, competitive, felt in the zone, no issues whatsoever. The LOSING coach after the game came over to us before the handshake line with the other team to say thanks and good job.

So it's pretty much downhill from here :)

Now it's on to next week - my first 3 man game ever!

• Like 3

I've been asked to do a pre-district game, and be on the 4 man crew doing the 3 game District on Saturday May 30 (same district).  Humbled, nervous and excited! :cheers: ..............I know, I know ......don't suck!:HD:

​Congratulations, Jeff!!!  I'm working a pre-District on Tuesday, as well.  I have the stick on the Parkway Christian District Final on 5/30.  We're working 3-man on Saturday.

Of course, you're not going to suck.  Just remember, it's just another baseball game...

• Like 1

​You nervous?  Nah you are as cool as the other side of the pillow!  Remember,  Don't chase:lol:  You will be fine.

• Like 1

​ehhh even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.....congrats jeff!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well ...

The pre-district game is now complete!   It took 2 days and 10 innings, but it's over! :D   I had the bases with a couple close calls but nothing outrageous ......    Good baseball, good partner, ... all went well!    I must admit, I was nervous/anxious, being first post-season HS game ...but I realized I've done championship tournament games, so ...relax and do your job, and that helped.   I also kept running through my mind all of the things I learn here on a daily basis.

Thanks to all for the help! :nod:

Now .... the District Tournament on Saturday ....  one plate, one bases .....

• Like 2

Congrats to you good sir!    There's almost nothing better than the adrenaline rush of having butterflies, feeling the pressure, and then being locked into your zone and living in the moment of playoff baseball.    It really doesn't get much better.