Upgrade to-do's

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3245 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Please make the default sort in "ask the umpire" "date" and not "rating" (or if it's in the settings, point me to it).

For that matter, I'm not sure why that forum is set up any differently than any of the others.

1. ​I'm not immediately finding a way to make it the default, but will look into it. 
  2. My goal is to be able to have readers find answers to actual questions easily vs. a discussion where there may not be a question or an answer.
  • Like 1

There was an option in the header before to see recent activity threads. I don't see that option now. Is it there and I can't find it? I see a recent posts option but it just shows the comments. Also, is there going to be a Web view (for full site) option when using mobile? 

I have noticed the site loads much faster than when I previously used the full site. Especially videos. 

​Nice job UIC! Appreciated. 

​@Tksjewelry: It's now over on the right hand side called "New content." You can these choose your content type (All new content, topics, images, or articles).

That being said, @Umpire in Chief, I'm unable to get those new content type choosers to work reliably. The URL updates if I change the type, but the highlight doesn't move and none of the content changes unless I click over and over and over again.

• Like 1

1. ​I'm not immediately finding a way to make it the default, but will look into it. 
  2. My goal is to be able to have readers find answers to actual questions easily vs. a discussion where there may not be a question or an answer.

​I really admire and favor your implementation of an answer-voting system for the "Ask... " section. Gives us a chance to vote up (and move up) the actual, relevant answers that make sense over the stupid, inane, irrelevant or "pile-on" answers and quips that we endure (and are prone to post, some more than others... hey! I've had my fair share!) and can vote down.

Within each thread, I'd like to see a sharper distinction between comments. The default is a lot of light gray print, same font, same size. Maybe a darker black line between remarks? Sometime, I have to reread to see where one ends and the next begins, especially with lengthy tags (or whatever those signatory liunes are called).

I haven't read all these comments, so if I've repeated something someone else has said, I apologize.

I have some weird symbols as quotation marks next to my quote in my signature.  Looks like a Euro symbol or something.  Don't know if I can go in an fix it myself or it is an admin type thing.  No skin off my nose it it stays like that but thought you'd want to know.

I have some weird symbols as quotation marks next to my quote in my signature.  Looks like a Euro symbol or something.  Don't know if I can go in an fix it myself or it is an admin type thing.  No skin off my nose it it stays like that but thought you'd want to know.

@Majordave ​That's just an encoding issue. Going in and changing it yourself will sort it out.

​You can fix those yourself. Under Account Settings --> Signature

@Umpire in Chief on the mobile version, is there a way to either move, or set a verification for the flag feature. It's so sensitive and right at the point on the screen that I hit it all the time when I go to scroll. I don't know if you get the flag reports just for hitting it, and I don't mean to make more work for ya'll.