Boy, are they ever chippy

ElkOil
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3161 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Trial by fire is the best way to get into it with these guys, I think.  After a while, if you're good enough and stick around long enough, they'll accept and respect you.  I've got three men's games in a row tomorrow in the blazing heat.  Games 2 and 3 both behind the plate.  It's gonna be brutal in the Texas summer.  But I'll tell you this:  working their games is a constant test and challenge.  I feel like a warrior out there.  If I wanted easy, I'd restrict myself to 13U spring games.

Couldn't agree more. I want to learn and grow; and JV and 16U, while very good baseball here, doesn't offer much in the area of accountability. I can definitely see how this league can stretch me a bit more. 

• Like 1

Another really, really good Men's game tonight. 1 comment, and great baseball! Those untouched foul balls to the bicep hurt a lot more at that level though. Ouch! 

Another really, really good Men's game tonight. 1 comment, and great baseball! Those untouched foul balls to the bicep hurt a lot more at that level though. Ouch! 

Yup.  There is some genuine talent on some of those teams -- college guys and we've got a team with a former AAA catcher.  And then there's the other side of that coin...

• 3 weeks later...