PBUC Brand Identity Changes

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3268 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

em_header_temp.jpg MiLB Announces Changes to Its Umpiring Entities

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Minor League Baseball today announced new names and logos for the organization’s umpiring and umpire training entities.

The Umpire School, a month-long training and evaluation school created by Minor League Baseball in 2012 to help identify and train potential professional umpires, as well as to improve the skills of amateur umpires, is now the Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy. 

“We wanted to capitalize on the established brand of Minor League Baseball to help provide a clearer identity within the baseball industry,†said Director Dusty Dellinger.  

The academy, which takes place in January, combines classroom teaching sessions with on-field training for baseball umpires. Of the 87 attendees at the 2015 Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy, 26 were offered spots in the evaluation course that determines which umpires will be selected for assignments to professional leagues as part of Minor League Baseball Umpire Development.

Additionally, the Professional Baseball Umpire Corp., which oversees the assignment and development of current Minor League Baseball umpires, is now Minor League Baseball Umpire Development.

Untitled.png                              Untitled3.png

Not sure if one is a good model considering the large number of attendees.  I think if numbers get too big, instruction suffers.  Large numbers are good for business though if you don't care about quality of instruction or repetitions for what people are paying it's a great model.

But I agree w/ the group that its seems like they're headed down that path.  

I couldn't imagine dropping $4,000+ to learn to umpire at 20 years old w/ 200+ other attendees.  

Agree with Johnny, too many guys at one school isn't going to give the students a good amount of individual attention which hurts overall product. If they become the only school do they know then have a screening process? Just a thought.

Agree with Johnny, too many guys at one school isn't going to give the students a good amount of individual attention which hurts overall product. If they become the only school do they know then have a screening process? Just a thought.

This is what I was thinking. If they went to one school, us older guys who may have pro school on our bucket list just to get better and not looking for a pro job would probably be out of luck. 

• Like 3

Glad some of you like the new name.  We are excited at what the future holds.  If anyone has any questions please reach out here or on our Twitter or Facebook pages.

I think we addressed some concerns above.  Feel free to address them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

This whole section of the forum is as informative as Marshawn Lynch at the Super Bowl press conferences.

My take on the "branding": who cares? The picture looks like a Clipart umpire; so generic it manages to ruin the awesome milb logo. The name's as boring and slightly more cumbersome than before.