Why does everybody make events in March & April????

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3291 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I was anticipating getting back into the swing and working a "normal" umpiring schedule this year after 2 years of being less active due to a variety of reasons. 

Between Scouts (which I like as much as umpiring)
Kids school concerts, etc...

Weddings

A work event

I had to block out every Saturday in March and April is looking the same. 

Come on I want out on the field.....

For 2015 between rain, snow, and obligations I have to block out for since 2/7/15 I wave worked:

4 college games

1 HS Varsity

1 Scrimmage

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live by myself. Have a girlfriend with younger children so she has lots of events with them. We try to save Saturday evenings or Sunday afternoons for dates.

My kids are essentially grown (son is adult and daughter is almost 18) in different states than me.

I don't have a dog or cat or any other pets.

I am associated with 12 different assigners.

Thus, I work games almost every day, weather permitting, in 4 different states from late January until Mid-November.

Had to ditch the wannabe SWMBO (who I refused to let be a SWMBO) to get to this exalted status.

It's a matter of priorities Warren.

(Actually I'm kind of one dimensional for most of the year but I very much like my lifestyle.)

I was anticipating getting back into the swing and working a "normal" umpiring schedule this year after 2 years of being less active due to a variety of reasons. 

Between Scouts (which I like as much as umpiring)

Kids school concerts, etc...

Weddings

A work event

I had to block out every Saturday in March and April is looking the same. 

Come on I want out on the field.....

For 2015 between rain, snow, and obligations I have to block out for since 2/7/15 I wave worked:

4 college games

1 HS Varsity

1 Scrimmage

I feel your pain, I'm in the Boston area and don't expect game # 1 to be for at least another 3-4 weeks.