Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
conbo61

Ebay finds

1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

without it, it leaves a space on both shoulders without protection on an area the ball finds quite often. I'm trying to remember who mentioned this, might have been @JSam21, but I dont think Douglas does black plastic for chest protectors anymore. And they use the same caps that are on the shoulder paldrons. I believe he either used plastic he found off a football pad or had someone local to him cut out two flat pieces of plastic that he attached on his own.

Not I but the gap coverage is important 

• Thanks 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
On 9/15/2018 at 7:00 PM, BT_Blue said:

without it, it leaves a space on both shoulders without protection on an area the ball finds quite often. I'm trying to remember who mentioned this, might have been @JSam21, but I dont think Douglas does black plastic for chest protectors anymore. And they use the same caps that are on the shoulder paldrons. I believe he either used plastic he found off a football pad or had someone local to him cut out two flat pieces of plastic that he attached on his own.

Actually, I think they can still do black.  @Thunderheads would know for sure, but I'm thinking they do offer it for gap coverage.  It shouldn't make much difference in weight at all.

On 9/15/2018 at 12:25 PM, jwclubbie said:

Is the gap coverage that important? And how bulky would it make it? Wonder if gap plates could be black, or would they be grey?

To each their own, but I would not wear a Douglas without gap coverage.  I've been hit with fouls straight off the bat on that spot and it doesn't feel good. 

• Like 1

What am I missing here?   Old used Nike catchers gear and an Easton mask with Nike pads.... already over $90 with shipping.

IMG_0020.PNG

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

Another rare early black Douglas WV - and even rarer 12" model!

IMG_0022.PNG

They jacked up the shipping price

On 9/17/2018 at 1:35 PM, jwclubbie said:

The Douglas is too narrow for me. I’m 6’4. Is the new Douglas the same specs width wise? 

Guess I need to find a home for this black Douglas West Vest. 

Hang onto it, I may take off your hands.