Ebay finds

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1968 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

6 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

True. But that thing still has almost a week left on it. So you know it was going up anyways. Just now it can go to a good home.

I know! I’ve been on it for almost a week already. Lol

Its all good. :)

On 9/3/2018 at 11:56 AM, BT_Blue said:

Ahhh...  you were holding out on us. :no:

Hopefully the price stays reasonable. But I am betting that the guy has a minimum on it.

I figured as much.

This item ended up going for only $103!  I didn't get it, but what a steal!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Champro Magnesium (old style) for $35 + shipping... good deal here.  Guy thinks its aluminum, but is the mag model. 

It's a little rough scratched up to being used by a catcher, but there are shops that can powder-coat magnesium contrary to popular opinion.  Mag wheels are PC'd often, so there are shops who can do PC on magnesium masks, just Tony isn't set up for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Champro-Pro-Plus-Aluminum-Lightweight-FACE-MASK-SHIELD-UMPIRE-GEAR/202433982000?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Champro Mag.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

Keep it, best WV out there!

Agree. It has the flexible t-hook option also.  The sides flex with a wing, unlike newer Douglas models with t-hooks which are one large plate with t-hook holes.  This should offer a much better fit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

There is also this. Looks legit. Powder coated Mizuno mask.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163252745694

I went ahead and picked this up because I thought the original description might offer something unique. :ph34r:

On 9/14/2018 at 9:15 AM, wolfe_man said:

Agree. It has the flexible t-hook option also.  The sides flex with a wing, unlike newer Douglas models with t-hooks which are one large plate with t-hook holes.  This should offer a much better fit.

What color should I have the padding redone? I was thinking royal blue, as an homage to the carlucci? What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, jwclubbie said:

What color should I have the padding redone? I was thinking royal blue, as an homage to the carlucci? What do you guys think?

That would look SWEET! When I had bought one with @Thunderheads help a few years back, I was going to go black padding with orange piping for my San Francisco Giants.

Sadly, the original seller (not Jeff) had misrepresented the size of the chest protector. And it didnt fit me.

19 minutes ago, jwclubbie said:

It’d be neat, but I’m partial to black or grey.

Of course, you could always go black with royal trim.

And get the gap coverage! :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

It’d be neat, but I’m partial to black or grey.

Of course, you could always go black with royal trim.

And get the gap coverage! :)

Is the gap coverage that important? And how bulky would it make it? Wonder if gap plates could be black, or would they be grey?

6 hours ago, jwclubbie said:

Is the gap coverage that important? And how bulky would it make it? Wonder if gap plates could be black, or would they be grey?

without it, it leaves a space on both shoulders without protection on an area the ball finds quite often. I'm trying to remember who mentioned this, might have been @JSam21, but I dont think Douglas does black plastic for chest protectors anymore. And they use the same caps that are on the shoulder paldrons. I believe he either used plastic he found off a football pad or had someone local to him cut out two flat pieces of plastic that he attached on his own.