Ebay finds

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1948 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I waited till I had this in my possession before posting. Last week I ran across this “Slightly Used Wilson Two-Piece Catcher’s Mask” on EBay at what I thought was a fair price. It turned out not to be a “Wilson”, but a Nike Titanium instead. it arrived today and it’s like new.  

4F3E80EB-75D5-42BB-AFC0-E43CB82ECA0E.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bluetick48 said:

I waited till I had this in my possession before posting. Last week I ran across this “Slightly Used Wilson Two-Piece Catcher’s Mask” on EBay at what I thought was a fair price. It turned out not to be a “Wilson”, but a Nike Titanium instead. it arrived today and it’s like new.  

Hell of a find! And definitely a Nike planform.

12 hours ago, bluetick48 said:

Nice!... he says as we all go searching eBay for used Wilson masks. Lol

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Here's an interesting looking rig. Is this the one Wilson Contreras from the Cubs wears?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382552801198

that's NOT a traditional FM25, that's the new Titanium version ...either the wording is wrong in the ad ...or, more likely, the wrong photo

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Also the info to go along with it is confusing. Here is the page with the description. Also... 21oz?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=382552801198&category=73911&pm=1&ds=0&t=1535566851512

right ... 21 oz is the original fm25, so ....it's the photo that's wrong

5 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

right ... 21 oz is the original fm25, so ....it's the photo that's wrong

I saw this one too.  Got all excited and then realized that old saying "If it looks too good to be true..."  but then people like bluetick48 go out and prove me wrong!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I saw this one too.  Got all excited and then realized that old saying "If it looks too good to be true..."  but then people like bluetick48 go out and prove me wrong!

My thoughts exactly. And $90 for a FM25 is insane.

• Like 1

@bluetick48 and @tpatience – you both got sad-face reactions on your posts representing the stinkface of loathing jealousy.

Trevor – are the black-tabbed grey pads a one-off? Know the story to them?

Tick – words cannot describe how upset I am with you. Instead of consulting the gear conclave here, and alerting us to this recent sighting of a unicorn disguised as a plowhorse, you recalled all the stuff we’ve discussed, recognized it, and took a chance that paid off brilliantly. Now there are only two questions: A) is it a true titanium model or a Titanal model (both steals at the price you paid), and B) are you going to use it, or re-rig it with Nike pads to re-sell it to an oaf for $350+?

Well Done, both of you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

@bluetick48 and @tpatience – you both got sad-face reactions on your posts representing the stinkface of loathing jealousy.

Trevor – are the black-tabbed grey pads a one-off? Know the story to them?

Tick – words cannot describe how upset I am with you. Instead of consulting the gear conclave here, and alerting us to this recent sighting of a unicorn disguised as a plowhorse, you recalled all the stuff we’ve discussed, recognized it, and took a chance that paid off brilliantly. Now there are only two questions: A) is it a true titanium model or a Titanal model (both steals at the price you paid), and B) are you going to use it, or re-rig it with Nike pads to re-sell it to an oaf for $350+?

Well Done, both of you.

I’m not sure about the black tabs. The ones @Stk004 got have the gray tabs. So I’d assume that the gray tabs are available for retail while the black tabs might be more “exclusive”.