Ebay finds

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1967 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I know very little about Carlucci gear. Is the chest protector a hard shell?

I don't know, it looks like a soft shell, maybe with plates on the inside? Calling Fitzke, TH? Any clarification on this piece of umpire history?

A buddy in my local association has Carlucci gear with hard shell and it is navy blue plates over black padding color schemes on CP & Shins.  He also has a mask with really unique Carlucci pads & chin pad extends down and serves as a Ext TG protection.  Pretty sweet equipment which I believe set him back like $1K new.

When Cece passed, I noticed a few MLB guys sporting this very color c/p as a tribute.

He was local, but I didn't have a chance to have him fit me, and hear all his stories. That would have been cool.

I have seen a few of his pieces. All quality made, with quality, for the times, material. The best part was it was custom made.

That said, it's 80's technology, and not near as protective or comfortable as a $45 Champion.

$_57.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy in my local association has Carlucci gear with hard shell and it is navy blue plates over black padding color schemes on CP & Shins.  He also has a mask with really unique Carlucci pads & chin pad extends down and serves as a Ext TG protection.  Pretty sweet equipment which I believe set him back like $1K new.

That's what I have, minus the mask pads.

When Cece passed, I noticed a few MLB guys sporting this very color c/p as a tribute.

He was local, but I didn't have a chance to have him fit me, and hear all his stories. That would have been cool.

I have seen a few of his pieces. All quality made, with quality, for the times, material. The best part was it was custom made.

That said, it's 80's technology, and not near as protective or comfortable as a $45 Champion.

$_57.JPG

Sir, you are a good man and I respect your opinion. However you are 100% wrong in this case. I wore this style Carlucci, took foul tips in D1 games on it, and never felt a thing. It is warm, but other than that you can't beat it. I sold this to a friend for $150 earlier this year, who still wears it. Glad I sold it to him.

I also have the one with the hard plastic piece over the chest, it is a marvelous protector. I wouldn't wear anything else but it except for an occasionally very hot day, or very low-level baseball. . 

$_57.JPG

I wore this style Carlucci, took foul tips in D1 games on it, and never felt a thing.

I certainly hope not

• 3 months later...