Ebay finds

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1947 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

it should be ............ they're doing Douglas retrofits, and this has the same plate attachment method as Douglas .......so....

BUT ................. TW is really picky about how they do retrofits now

Aside from plastic clips, what could they do from a design standpoint to avoid the rusting on the clips?

Clear nail polish

Does that really work? If read about that for years.

only Rolando would know about nail polish!  :fuel:  :wave:

• Like 2

Aside from plastic clips, what could they do from a design standpoint to avoid the rusting on the clips?

Clear nail polish

only Rolando would know about nail polish!  :fuel:  :wave:

I'm always told to look professional!

Clear nail polish

Clear nail polish works. It should be reapplied once a year or so. It does rub off eventually. Don't get the cheap stuff, go with OPI or another higher end brand. The cheap stuff starts to soften under heat and sweat and can stick to your shirt.

You should be able to buy extra clips at any sports store that sells football equipment. You can probably pick them up for less than $5. 

You should be able to buy extra clips at any sports store that sells football equipment. You can probably pick them up for less than $5. 

true.

if you own a Douglas, Jeff Cook will send you clips ........

The second one cannot be retrofitted. I have one and asked TW.

• 3 weeks later...

true.

For $50, if my past experience is any indication

You should be able to buy extra clips at any sports store that sells football equipment. You can probably pick them up for less than $5. true.

@bam that was just because you are from Connecticut.

• Like 1

You should be able to buy extra clips at any sports store that sells football equipment. You can probably pick them up for less than $5. true.

FREE @bam, .... FREE.... he sent me 4 sets for nothing ....

Still find it hard to believe that you had NO IDEA what was going on when you had your CP refurbished :HS

FREE @bam, .... FREE.... he sent me 4 sets for nothing ....

Still find it hard to believe that you had NO IDEA what was going on when you had your CP refurbished :HS

It has to be a Connecticut thing!!!

....oh wait! I was born in Connecticut!