Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Umpirechick1

Southern Umpire's Camp

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

It's been a successful weekend!! Nothing like learning from the best! Paul Nauert and Ted Barrett were great.

Barrett is awesome, isn't he? So chill. Big hands. Can't speak for Nauert tho.

They were both great teachers. Very patient as well. I think Paul must've felt that he said the same 4 things over and over during Fungo drills. 😱 But we learned a lot.

Big hands?

You don't understand until you see them. I mean like he's a big dude anyways, but when I shook his hand it completely enveloped mine. I was like "woah"

Then again I was like "woah" that whole afternoon. I dunno I just vividly remember him having big hands, and Marty Foster having a Starbucks Americano. Oh, and the moment of disorientation upon hearing Will Little's surprisingly thick southern accent.

The guy that this picture did an awesome job!! ;-). This was a great weekend and the SUC is highly recommended.

• Like 1

I went in 2013.  Tore my calf muscle late the 2nd day.  Plan on going back, but even just the first 2 days were good.  Tore my calf muscle busting in from A slot on hit down right field line, thought it was my achilles.  Luckily only in a boot for 6 weeks and did not miss my GHSA season.