NCAA 2015 Videos

johnnyg08
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3227 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Thanks for sharing.

1.Would you all agree the play at the plate in the handling situations video is OBS in FED?

2. I found it interesting that a one hop throw to 1st is considered a quality throw for the purpose of judging RLI. Assuming that if the runner isn't there, F3 could field the short hop throw. Always thought of "quality throw" as a throw to F3's chest on a line. Great lesson for me there. 

And the more i think about I'm not sure I like you sharing these videos.. i mean I pay my $125 to see these 1st hand. But if someone is on here sharing them, why do we need to pay to see these?

:crybaby2:

• Like 3

Base Mechanics

The first base umpire here hardly sees this play with one eye .....

Agree.  I'd like to see the science that proves that he's only using one eye using that stance.

Pish-posh...one eye is plenty. You can use the other one to look for large breasted women jumping out of their seats with excitement.

Base Mechanics

The first base umpire here hardly sees this play with one eye .....

Agree.  I'd like to see the science that proves that he's only using one eye using that stance.

Pish-posh...one eye is plenty. You can use the other one to look for large breasted women jumping out of their seat with excitement.

I like your way of thinking!  :beerbang

you better becareful posting these are on here... those are for paid members.. Like myself. NCAA has rights and you can/could get in trouble.

Agree.

And the more i think about I'm not sure I like you sharing these videos.. i mean I pay my $125 to see these 1st hand. But if someone is on here sharing them, why do we need to pay to see these?

And agree, again.

• 2 weeks later...

you better becareful posting these are on here... those are for paid members.. Like myself. NCAA has rights and you can/could get in trouble.

Agree.

And agree, again.

So I guess this thread disappeared until johnnyg08 confirmed he had NCAA permission. I wonder if all videos this season will get posted here. I guess NCAA members paid their money for the books, tests and other content on the NCAA site. If you think about it, the videos can be viewed by anyone who has a friend signed up with NCAA.  

Agree.

And agree, again.

So I guess this thread disappeared until johnnyg08 confirmed he had NCAA permission. I wonder if all videos this season will get posted here. I guess NCAA members paid their money for the books, tests and other content on the NCAA site. If you think about it, the videos can be viewed by anyone who has a friend signed up with NCAA.

i have no friends!

• 3 weeks later...

Disclaimer: THIS COMMENT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN AS APPLICABLE TO THE CORRECT TEST ANSWER!

That said, I just don't understand what the NCAA's problem is with calling a balk on the pitcher for trying to deceive the runner by placing the rosin bag in the glove. They say it's not legal (else, why a warning?), but don't want to penalize it? It's in the same class as going into your pitching motion while not on the rubber--pretending something legal is happening when it is not, in order to gain an advantage.

Grow a pair and make it a balk. It's a BS maneuver, and if the only penalty is a warning, then it's worth a try because there's nothing to lose. If the umpires get it right, it's "Don't do that anymore." If they F it up, you gain an out.