Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
maineump

How many organizations to you pay membership to?

I'm lucky I pay no dues to any organizations, local Little League just opened up and will require dues and if they pay umpires I'll be joining that league as well(I'd volunteer but can't afford to give away my time at this point).

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

In Iowa you have to pay dues to both the state boys and girls associations, so if you do basketball or both baseball and softball you have to pay both, which I do. I think we're the only state with separate state associations for boys and girls. I also pay dues to my local officials association so I only have three I send money to, although I wouldn't have to belong to a local association to get games.

Arbiter was mentioned above and personally I love it. My association started using it a few years ago and the commissioner of officials for the main conference I work for locally has used it for a long time. Much easier to manage my games and set my schedule blocks. 

Three:

Wisconsin Umpire's Association (WUA)

Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA)

Assigner

I'm new to this and question whether or not the assigner was worth the nominal cost. I've found quite a few games on my own and through the WUA. I have quite a few contacts from coaching and playing that I don't think I would have had a problem finding games. I'll see how this year goes.

Three:

Wisconsin Umpire's Association (WUA)

Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA)

Assigner

I'm new to this and question whether or not the assigner was worth the nominal cost. I've found quite a few games on my own and through the WUA. I have quite a few contacts from coaching and playing that I don't think I would have had a problem finding games. I'll see how this year goes.

Yes, he is. Opens up the possibilities for even more games and advancement.

BTW got my start with WUA. Great organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBUA. Collegiate Baseball Umpires Alliance

Organization for collegiate level umpires to share knowledge, training and assignments. Many of the conferences and independent schools only assign umpires that are members of CBUA.

NCAA and NAIA now require membership registration (and fees) along with testing and clinic attendance to work post season games. Some conferences require clinic for any game assignments.

• Like 1

CBUA. Collegiate Baseball Umpires Alliance

Organization for collegiate level umpires to share knowledge, training and assignments. Many of the conferences and independent schools only assign umpires that are members of CBUA.

NCAA and NAIA now require membership registration (and fees) along with testing and clinic attendance to work post season games. Some conferences require clinic for any game assignments.

Is this CBUA the same as CBUAO?

Fox Valley Blues (FVB)

CBUA 

Stateline Umpires Association (SUA)

Illinois High School Association

Elgin Area Officials Association (EAOA)

• Like 1

3, the OHSAA, my local high school organization, and my summer organization. Always looking to add more.

Baseball/Softball currently just One Source Officials and Dizzy Dean

Pay One Source for basketball as well.

Pay Lanier Football Officials Association, Georgia Athletic Officials Association, Georgia High School Association, and Hall County Officials.

No dues for the alumni football games 

Also pay NASO.

So far, I have paid three dues for the year:

1. OHSAA (state high school association)
  2. NEUA (local high school association)
  3. ASA (travel softball)

Going to join the Ohio USSSA later in the year so I can do some fall league games in my area.

San Diego County Baseball Umpires Association

San Diego Adult Baseball Umpires

Top Choice Umpires

Tks - Stop by a High school and ask the head coach. You'll likely get a hold of an umpire or 2. They will likely be able to get you hooked into the various systems.

Also check city Recreation departments  They run  the clinics held in usually in January and February.

Moms and dads with school-age kids will probably help you find a league president.

Websites may or may not be helpful-  Little league, Babe Ruth, American Legion, USSSA, ASA, Pony Baseball, NCAA, - there is a very long list of baseball organizations on Arbiter Sports if you can log in to it. All of these may help you find games.

Do make up a resume, and leave it with anyone you contact. Keep two cell phones. Good luck!

Tks - Stop by a High school and ask the head coach. You'll likely get a hold of an umpire or 2. They will likely be able to get you hooked into the various systems.

Also check city Recreation departments  They run  the clinics held in usually in January and February.

Moms and dads with school-age kids will probably help you find a league president.

Websites may or may not be helpful-  Little league, Babe Ruth, American Legion, USSSA, ASA, Pony Baseball, NCAA, - there is a very long list of baseball organizations on Arbiter Sports if you can log in to it. All of these may help you find games.

Do make up a resume, and leave it with anyone you contact. Keep two cell phones. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. Our plans changed when DH found out he had to have both hips replaced. Now we're moving to Missouri, the lake district, and there is some pretty good contacts from there on here (you MO guys are awesome!). DH has even decided to go behind the mask this year!

Umpire resume is something I hadn't thought about but that's a good call. I'll have my UIC work me up one.

I'm really going to miss the one stop shopping for games that we have here but I've already made arrangements to get back here for the three hell weeks in June during CWS. I couldn't leave my UIC hanging for that considering how he's always had my back and been so loyal to me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yes, he is. Opens up the possibilities for even more games and advancement.

BTW got my start with WUA. Great organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you folks still in Wisconsin?

Been in the Madison area for 14 years now. Worked college the last 10-11, but gave that up after last year. Just a HS guy now. Working a state Legion tourney in July too, I think.

Umpiring is #3 for me now behind basketball and football. I work about a dozen hoops games in the Milwaukee area each year and we've done the occasional football game. I'm also a HS assigner/commissioner so something had to give. For me it was baseball.

I have some schools not a huge drive from Milwaukee, so I can hook people up with baseball/softball...I only hire varsity games, though.

I'm a member of two associations. One for high school and their sister organization that does everything else. It keeps things simple for me and the assigners coordinate with each other on umpire availability so it works out pretty well.