What an unbelievable Trade Deadline Day!

rjt6
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3548 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rulekeep Figured you'd be pretty happy getting Austin Jackson for CF.

Not in exchange for Almonte!!!! With the exception of him and James Jones we have NO legs and NO stealing.

Really? .198/1/8 with 3 steals in 27 games, .267/6/31 7SB in 72 AAA games in the hitter friendly PCL.  Not exactly a speed demon or power hitter, or an on base machine. Think I'd take the proven major league Austin Jackson who's averaged double digit HR's and RBI's in his major league career with a .277 BA. 

Beside, you should be ecstatic your team's in a pennant race and your GM pulled the trigger on a few deals on something your team was completely lacking....A quality, major league centerfielder. 

Not in exchange for Almonte!!!! With the exception of him and James Jones we have NO legs and NO stealing.

Really? .198/1/8 with 3 steals in 27 games, .267/6/31 7SB in 72 AAA games in the hitter friendly PCL. Not exactly a speed demon or power hitter, or an on base machine. Think I'd take the proven major league Austin Jackson who's averaged double digit HR's and RBI's in his major league career with a .277 BA.

Beside, you should be ecstatic your team's in a pennant race and your GM pulled the trigger on a few deals on something your team was completely lacking....A quality, major league centerfielder. *coughendychavezcoughdustinackleycoughjamesjonescough*

Not in exchange for Almonte!!!! With the exception of him and James Jones we have NO legs and NO stealing. Really? .198/1/8 with 3 steals in 27 games, .267/6/31 7SB in 72 AAA games in the hitter friendly PCL. Not exactly a speed demon or power hitter, or an on base machine. Think I'd take the proven major league Austin Jackson who's averaged double digit HR's and RBI's in his major league career with a .277 BA.

Beside, you should be ecstatic your team's in a pennant race and your GM pulled the trigger on a few deals on something your team was completely lacking....A quality, major league centerfielder. *coughendychavezcoughdustinackleycoughjamesjonescough*

Last I checked Ackley and Jones are your right and left fielders, and Chevez is back in the role he belongs in, a 4th OFer. But hey..Far be it from me to try to convince you your your team has a shot at the playoffs for the1st time since the Griffey/Martinez days and they ust got a little better today. 

Not in exchange for Almonte!!!! With the exception of him and James Jones we have NO legs and NO stealing. Really? .198/1/8 with 3 steals in 27 games, .267/6/31 7SB in 72 AAA games in the hitter friendly PCL. Not exactly a speed demon or power hitter, or an on base machine. Think I'd take the proven major league Austin Jackson who's averaged double digit HR's and RBI's in his major league career with a .277 BA.

Last I checked Ackley and Jones are your right and left fielders, and Chevez is back in the role he belongs in, a 4th OFer. But hey..Far be it from me to try to convince you your your team has a shot at the playoffs for the1st time since the Griffey/Martinez days and they just got a little better today. 

Not in exchange for Almonte!!!! With the exception of him and James Jones we have NO legs and NO stealing.Really? .198/1/8 with 3 steals in 27 games, .267/6/31 7SB in 72 AAA games in the hitter friendly PCL. Not exactly a speed demon or power hitter, or an on base machine. Think I'd take the proven major league Austin Jackson who's averaged double digit HR's and RBI's in his major league career with a .277 BA.

Beside, you should be ecstatic your team's in a pennant race and your GM pulled the trigger on a few deals on something your team was completely lacking....A quality, major league centerfielder.*coughendychavezcoughdustinackleycoughjamesjonescough*

Last I checked Ackley and Jones are your right and left fielders, and Chevez is back in the role he belongs in, a 4th OFer. But hey..Far be it from me to try to convince you your your team has a shot at the playoffs for the1st time since the Griffey/Martinez days and they ust got a little better today.

Not in exchange for Almonte!!!! With the exception of him and James Jones we have NO legs and NO stealing.Really? .198/1/8 with 3 steals in 27 games, .267/6/31 7SB in 72 AAA games in the hitter friendly PCL. Not exactly a speed demon or power hitter, or an on base machine. Think I'd take the proven major league Austin Jackson who's averaged double digit HR's and RBI's in his major league career with a .277 BA.

Beside, you should be ecstatic your team's in a pennant race and your GM pulled the trigger on a few deals on something your team was completely lacking....A quality, major league centerfielder.*coughendychavezcoughdustinackleycoughjamesjonescough*

Last I checked Ackley and Jones are your right and left fielders, and Chevez is back in the role he belongs in, a 4th OFer. But hey..Far be it from me to try to convince you your your team has a shot at the playoffs for the1st time since the Griffey/Martinez days and they just got a little better today.

Oh heavens me I didn't realize we acquired PADRES. I have no idea why I'm complaining, since they're only the worst team in baseball.

Well the Orioles moved Eduardo Rodriguez for Andrew Miller, I guess thats the Dan Duquette way of saying were in this to win it. He added a good arm but didn't do anything dumb and move Bundy, Harvey, Hart, Sisco, or Gausman. Glad to finally see a winning club out at Camden.

Really? .198/1/8 with 3 steals in 27 games, .267/6/31 7SB in 72 AAA games in the hitter friendly PCL. Not exactly a speed demon or power hitter, or an on base machine. Think I'd take the proven major league Austin Jackson who's averaged double digit HR's and RBI's in his major league career with a .277 BA.

Beside, you should be ecstatic your team's in a pennant race and your GM pulled the trigger on a few deals on something your team was completely lacking....A quality, major league centerfielder.

*coughendychavezcoughdustinackleycoughjamesjonescough*

Oh heavens me I didn't realize we acquired PADRES. I have no idea why I'm complaining, since they're only the worst team in baseball.
Yes but every team even the bad one's have a few good players, even the Mets have Wright.

Yes but every team even the bad one's have a few good players, even the Mets have Wright.

The Mets aren't doing TOTALLY horrible this year, that's the thing. Just pretty horrible.

The Mets aren't doing TOTALLY horrible this year, that's the thing. Just pretty horrible.

I predicted Wally Backman, Tim Teufel, or Bob Geren would be managing them by now, but Collins is still there.

I predicted Wally Backman, Tim Teufel, or Bob Geren would be managing them by now, but Collins is still there.

WALLYWALLYWALLYWALLYWALLYWALLYWALLYWALLYWALLYWALLY

Wally Backman is a jackass.

If he becomes an MLB manager then baseball will be a train wreck, Backman is a joke and a clown, he won't do anything but make a joke of the sport. If his antics go big time and kids see them imagine what we'll see kids doing in games, kids throwing bats on the field, not much worse that could happen to baseball. 

Wally Backman is a jackass.

If he becomes an MLB manager then baseball will be a train wreck, Backman is a joke and a clown, he won't do anything but make a joke of the sport. If his antics go big time and kids see them imagine what we'll see kids doing in games, kids throwing bats on the field, not much worse that could happen to baseball. His "antics" are not much worse than Pinella's or Gardenhire's. He's a good manager. Just defensive.