Cooperstown

BigZigBlue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4772 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Guys, I got invited to go to Cooperstown, NY next summer for the annual tourney they have for 12 yr. olds. I am wondering if any of you on here have been and can let me know how it is and the basics on what takes place. I am excites as heak because of the honor of what Cooperstown means to the game of baseball and vice versa.

Guys, I got invited to go to Cooperstown, NY next summer for the annual tourney they have for 12 yr. olds. I am wondering if any of you on here have been and can let me know how it is and the basics on what takes place. I am excites as heak because of the honor of what Cooperstown means to the game of baseball and vice versa.

Are you going to Cooperstown Dreams Park or All Star Village.

I am in the process of working with two team, one for each facility this summer.

I am going to just the dream park. It will not be until next summer not this one.

I've kept a novel of some sorts...just notes throughout the years....I'll be attending with my "extended CDP" family again this year, week 4.

Because I was out of work last August, I attended again week 10.....[insert Randy Moss quote here] "straight cash homey..." was the only reason....

If you'd like to shoot me an email or a PM with your email address...I'll send you "all the knowledge....all the power" that my group as acquired over the years!

Respects,

Scuzz

I have been to cooperstown dreams park six years. You can check in Friday night after 6PM or on Saturday brfore 10AM. You sleep in huts with about 10 other guys. You will probably not on the same crews, but that doesn't matter. There are 22 baseball stadiums and your crew will be assigned to one of those fields and you will do all your games at that field. You will have a crew chief ( I was a crew chief three times). You will sign up to do the games you want to do and your crew will do 5 games a day, starting at about 8:45AM for the first game. You get 3 meals a day at the mess tent. Your first meal will be Saturday morning. You can get a plate brush, ball bag 2 jerseys, a hat and a jacket, IF YOU WISH. They want you to wear the shirt and cap at the opening and closing ceremonies. You bring all your gear and shirts with you and you can wear your own hat at any of your games and any shirt as long as your patner has the same color. You are going to enjoy it because you are going to be working with umpires from different parts of the country.. I am from Maryland and I worked with guys from Alaska, North Carolina, Florida, Montana, California,Arizona,Alabama to name a few. You may be selected to do the playoff games or the championship game. I was the right field ump for the 2008 championship game. GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN.

I have been to cooperstown dreams park six years. You can check in Friday night after 6PM or on Saturday brfore 10AM. You sleep in huts with about 10 other guys. You will probably not on the same crews, but that doesn't matter. There are 22 baseball stadiums and your crew will be assigned to one of those fields and you will do all your games at that field. You will have a crew chief ( I was a crew chief three times). You will sign up to do the games you want to do and your crew will do 5 games a day, starting at about 8:45AM for the first game. You get 3 meals a day at the mess tent. Your first meal will be Saturday morning. You can get a plate brush, ball bag 2 jerseys, a hat and a jacket, IF YOU WISH. They want you to wear the shirt and cap at the opening and closing ceremonies. You bring all your gear and shirts with you and you can wear your own hat at any of your games and any shirt as long as your patner has the same color. You are going to enjoy it because you are going to be working with umpires from different parts of the country.. I am from Maryland and I worked with guys from Alaska, North Carolina, Florida, Montana, California,Arizona,Alabama to name a few. You may be selected to do the playoff games or the championship game. I was the right field ump for the 2008 championship game. GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN.

You got me all pumped up already about it man...do the shirts, hats, and jackets cost extra?

You got me all pumped up already about it man...do the shirts, hats, and jackets cost extra?

No they are given to you free.

Check out their web site.

I will be there for week 6

Looking for Teams for week 7 and 8.

Thinking of making it a month long trip from California.

Will be at All Star Village for week 9.

No they are given to you free.

Check out their web site.

I will be there for week 6

Looking for Teams for week 7 and 8.

Thinking of making it a month long trip from California.

Will be at All Star Village for week 9.

Thats awesome...I am about to graduate college and want to go atleast one week to make it a memory..I would absolute love to go multiple times a summer or make it a routine every year...