Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Update from a year ago:

Finished my teacher certification program, passed my exams, and landed my first-ever full time job teaching high school geometry in a Title I (high-poverty) school district in WNY. My commute will be roughly an hour and a half (pushing 2 hours or more once the snow comes), but the technology initiatives, academic programs, and student population should make the long drive completely worth it.

• Like 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Crane mechanic for ILWU Local 10. Spend my nights repairing the cranes that lift containers from the ships. In my spare time, I am VP for our local Little League and I manage a Challenger Baseball team every spring. 

Here's something I bet none of you have done-I just got installed as a sexton. (I mostly I shovel snow and clean the rectory windows.) 

• Like 1

Here's something I bet none of you have done-I just got installed as a sexton. (I mostly I shovel snow and clean the rectory windows.) 

What is a sexton?

What is a sexton?

it's somebody a Anglican priest appoints to take care of the church and the rectory. Traditionally they also took care of the graveyard and the corpses that went into it but since we don't have a graveyard I mostly do stuff like vacuum and shovel and lay ice melt and wash windows etc. 

• Like 1

it's somebody a Anglican priest appoints to take care of the church and the rectory. Traditionally they also took care of the graveyard and the corpses that went into it but since we don't have a graveyard I mostly do stuff like vacuum and shovel and lay ice melt and wash windows etc. 

Well done using 'graveyard' correctly (and not 'cemetery'). :clap:

Well done using 'graveyard' correctly (and not 'cemetery'). :clap:

I learned something today, that there is a difference between the two... http://www.thehindu.com/books/know-your-english/know-your-english-difference-between-graveyard-and-cemetery/article2568640.ece

...and congrats @Rulekeep

Warehouse Operations  General Manager for the 3rd largest 3PL ((I think) bigger companies keep acquiring us)

Edited by Aging_Arbiter
promotion

Fire Sprinkler Estimator (Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems) - 26 years and counting

Prior (bottom up): Cedar Rat (splitting cedar bolts for shakes and shingles), house painter, carpenter, fire wood cutter, yard care / handyman (teenager) business, inventory taker, retail (sales and dept. manager), soccer referee (helps keeps me in shape in the fall)

Fire Sprinkler Estimator (Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems) - 26 years and counting

Oddly enough the guy who started me umpiring designs fire sprinkler systems as his day job.

I've been Sexton, Jr. Warden and Sr. Warden. 

On 7/3/2018 at 10:01 AM, tjwoelfel13 said:

Behavioral Health Technician. 

I worked at a adolescent  behavioral health hospital once. That is tough work. 

• Like 1

I too have had a job change. I am now the HR Dir for a large waterpark, and I love it. The bad news is it interferes with umpiring (and running the site) as I generally work 6, 12 hr days. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I too have had a job change. I am now the HR Dir for a large waterpark, and I love it. The bad news is it interferes with umpiring (and running the site) as I generally work 6, 12 hr days. 

I was going to say... "uh oh... we have a UIC sighting!" Lol

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, wolfe_man said:

Operations Manager at a large bank.

So..........about that loan.............

See the source image

• Haha 1