All-Star Sports Made A Mistake and Is Fixing It For Me?

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3596 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I called All-Star Sports in Mass.  I knew I was talking to a girl from Mass from her initial accent, no doubt. I guess she had trouble understanding my Southern drawl as I said System 7 Delta-Flex Umpire Harness, black.  Just like some have mentioned in threads about the harness.

This is what I thought I was ordering:

post-34-0-68158600-1400261220.jpg

I got a CP28PRO, catcher's harness in the mail.  It does not say Delta-Flex or System 7 anywhere on it.  It is black, it fits on my UE CP and it is stretchy in the center but larger in terms of stretch material and covers more area= potentially hotter.

Can't copy pic from their webpage so here is a link:

http://www.all-starsports.com/cp28pro.html

Question to those who may know?  Did I get ripped-off?  Anyone tried this one and the System 7 Delta Flex?

Should I complain/return or just let it go?  Price was $26 shipped via UPS envelope.

Thanks for your replies.

No elastic bottom straps.  Regular web style and I have them adjusted as tight as they will go.  Like Ron White said when he wanted to know if your pants would fit better after a good crap......This baby is Snuuuuuuuuuuuuug!

Pic of my CP with CP28PRO Harness.

post-34-0-85418900-1400263217_thumb.jpg

i would say you haven't been ripped off until you've notified them of the mistake and they fail to take action. I dint think all start sports is ripping anyone off.

i would say you haven't been ripped off until you've notified them of the mistake and they fail to take action. I dint think all start sports is ripping anyone off.

Correct ...

Call them back and tell them you were sent the wrong harness.  The umpire version has the open back and the bottom straps are indeed elastic.  There shouldn't be a problem

Thanks guys.  Anyone tried a harness like this one shown above in comparison to the "Umpire" Delta Flex?

Called them.  Different lady.  Still a Mass. accent. (nothing wrong with that)  They are on back order so she is trying to find me one somewhere off of a display or model.

All good.  Will keep using this one I guess until I receive the correct one.

That's some fugly shoes!

Thanks guys.  Anyone tried a harness like this one shown above in comparison to the "Umpire" Delta Flex?

I believe the one you got should have cost like $14

• Like 1

They are always a little confused when I call them to place an order.  I ordered (on purpose) the CP28PRO a couple of years ago before they offered the umpire Delta Flex and used it until it ripped earlier this year.  I replaced it with the Delta Flex.

I have to say that they each preformed about equally.  In fact, the CP28PRO might have kept my Douglas a little more snug.  I have to tighten the elastic straps on the Delta Flex all the way and I wish I could tighten them a little more.  It's nice and tight with a cotton undershirt, but could be better when I wear a lighter, nylon undershirt (which is the case 90% of the time).

They are always a little confused when I call them to place an order.  I ordered (on purpose) the CP28PRO a couple of years ago before they offered the umpire Delta Flex and used it until it ripped earlier this year.  I replaced it with the Delta Flex.

I have to say that they each preformed about equally.  In fact, the CP28PRO might have kept my Douglas a little more snug.  I have to tighten the elastic straps on the Delta Flex all the way and I wish I could tighten them a little more.  It's nice and tight with a cotton undershirt, but could be better when I wear a lighter, nylon undershirt (which is the case 90% of the time).

you don't have t-hooks do you?

Nope.

Nope.

THAT is where the elastic Delta Flex bottom straps really come into play :)

That's some fugly shoes!

they should be yours, to match your fugly face! :wave::rose:

Jeff, Do you ever work like the rest of us?  You are always online!!!!

• Like 1

Nope.

I wish I would have had them add the t-hooks when I sent it in a couple of years ago to have the shoulder caps put on.

Nope.

I wish I would have had them add the t-hooks when I sent it in a couple of years ago to have the shoulder caps put on.

send it in and have the t-hooks put on, and replace the caps w/ the new thinner "Thundercap" :nod:

• Like 1

Nope.

send it in and have the t-hooks put on, and replace the caps w/ the new thinner "Thundercap" :nod:

After hearing about bam's experience, I am hesitant to send it back. I think they have really jacked up their prices since I sent it in last time.

Nope.

After hearing about bam's experience, I am hesitant to send it back. I think they have really jacked up their prices since I sent it in last time.

I hope not. They have my CP right now.

Nope.

Call Jeff and tell him what you want.  You shouldn't NOT know before you pay, right?

Edited for Clarity

@canadianump

Sorry I was unclear with my reply here: >  Unequal is what I took. No extension.

That photo was of the inside of my Unequal CP.  It does have a removable extension piece.

Hope that clears things up.

Any issue I may have had with All Star has been worked out satisfactorily...

They've helped me with out of warranty issues...even an out of state umpire friend...in their area for a family function...walking in with his broken HSM...and they replaced it on the spot...

Just because "we are" in MASS...heck...we don't talk funny....everybody else does... :hopmad:

Best to all...

Scuzz